I have completely LOST my will power!

Options
I used to be so strict and healthy on my diet! Restricting calories, and then I went on a no-carb diet and it was amazing! But recently I've started binge eating multiple times a week and I've gained 25 lbs in about 3 months. I really need someone to help support and motivate me because I feel so alone on this weight loss journey and I am so angry with myself that I'm ruining my lifestyle! Would anyone like to become motivation buddies with me? I log every day, multiple times a day (I'm on the app very often).

Replies

• whitney9988
    whitney9988 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will. I go through the same thing too. I go through periods of eating good then periods of "emotional" eating. As well as periods where I don't eat much at all. I try to log every day but sometimes forget. I guess that can be expected with two kids lol.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've heard alot of times that when you just suddenly drop carbs your body starts craving and it can lead to binge eating of high carb things because the cravings can be so strong. I find cravings for carbs most evident during a hormonal time.

Take it day by day, plan ahead, make a food journal to see any patterns of hunger or trigger foods this will help you prepare for heading them off before they start. Hope this helps.

I've tried the no carb thing and yep same thing happened because the craving are so very strong especially when you are used to eating them.
    I plan ahead and i don't need the food journal anymore but i use mfp. Hope this helps :)
    Jess
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd be super happy to help with whatever I possibly can. I've lost 85 lbs and would never have done so without the support groups that I've formed ver time and I totally believe that very few people can do this alone. I can't see the original message right now but I don't remember seeing anything in your post about exercise just diet. Are you ding anything on that front? Feel free to add me and feel free to ask any questions, etc. I feel now it's my time to start
    Aging it forward.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm on every day- trying to get "back on the wagon" ~
    I had been doing great as well, quite a while ago, and was about 5lbs from my "goal", craziness (Life) happened, and I found myself 16 pounds heavier. It was sad, it was hard, I was upset with myself...

but here I am again, not going to give up this time. It's definitely a lifestyle change, and sometimes we mess up- the important thing is to get up, keep going, and remember to be hopeful. :flowerforyou: