Good Exercise for HIPS? (women)

Options
Hi ladies!

First of all thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have worked hard to get rid of my thighs, hips, and tummy. Currently my tummy has gone bye-bye, but my hips and thighs have decided they don't want to leave me just yet.

My stats:
5'5"
156.4 lb
Waist - 32 1/2 in
Hips - 42 in
thigh - 26 in

Replies

• jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose 0.5 inches off my hips in just 4 weeks doing compound lifts (deadlifts, squats, weighted lunges, etc). When I did my weigh-in at the gym last week, that was the area that I had lost the most in those 4 weeks.

Maybe some women who have had more experience with heavy lifting can comment and give you other suggestions.........? Anyone?
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just keep at it and eventually you'll start losing inches in your hips and thighs too.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just keep at it and eventually you'll start losing inches in your hips and thighs too.
    I agree with this. ^^ I wasn't looking to "spot reduce" my hips.....just trying to get more fit overall. That was just a nice by-product. :smile: I'm also eating a slight calorie deficit and lost some places I really didn't want to (boobs). But I was happy with the results and it's pushing me to keep at it.
  • chantey16
    chantey16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    defintely get into heavy lifting! squats and deadlifts are the way to go! i have MASSIVE hips - now 52 inch compared to a 33 inch waist! lol. when i first started to lose weight, my hips didnt even change except for about an inch or so, with 40 pounds down. after that, i lost about only 10 pounds, but started heavy lifting and my hips quickly went from 58 to 52 inches! so it is definitely the way forward. my thighs also went from 38 inches to 29, in the space of nomre than 2 months of heavy lifting! do not be afraid of it - as long as you are eating at a deficit, you will not bulk up!