Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • HJA07
    HJA07 Posts: 1
    Options
    :
  • stephlux
    stephlux Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't know when to weigh in, however I've only been doing this for 5 days. I've only lost one pound and it's very frustrating. I think I'm going to weigh in once a week. I wish you luck on your goal!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as I am getting ready for work.....a low number urges me to keep it up and a high number motivates me to try harder during that day.... I know it is considered "obsessive" but it works for me. My "diet buddy" and I post our weekly weigh-ins and that is the one that "counts" for the week... it is on Monday so it motivates us to be extra careful on the weekends.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't know when to weigh in, however I've only been doing this for 5 days. I've only lost one pound and it's very frustrating. I think I'm going to weigh in once a week. I wish you luck on your goal!

ummm, one pound in 5 days is great! You should be aiming for no more than 2 pounds a week, anything more than that is too fast.

As for me, I LOG my weight every Wednesday morning as soon as I wake up, after going to the bathroom, and naked.

But I play with my scale 3 or 4 times a day. I will weigh after a huge meal with a full bladder just for the heck of it to see what my "heaviest" point during the day is. I'll weigh before and after a huge pee just to see how much my pee was. I will weigh before and after my shower to see how much water my thick hair holds (2 pounds!).
    But I am not obsessive and don't get depressed when it's up 5 pounds since this morning, because I know it's not fat, it's fluctuation. I'm just learning about my body and how it changes throughout the day!:flowerforyou:
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    After weighing in daily since I started dieting in January, it became toooooo obsessive and i would become very depressed and it really put me in a bad mood when i fluctuated up by even 1lb or less. so for my mental sanity, i hid my scale under the sink so i would not be tempted to weigh. I am almost afraid to weigh now since i am used to it everyday and i have been in a plateau anyways. But i feel better mentally not weighing daily. :bigsmile:
  • MarkH47201
    MarkH47201 Posts: 9
    Options
    I weigh myself weekely......... Sat morning