Weight Limits on Elliptical Trainer :*(

Options
IbettR
IbettR Posts: 139 Member
:cry: Oh, I'm sad :cry: I'm trying everything possible for my husband to become motivated and he's finally beginning to listen. :blushing: So due to his back problems, I was suggested to consider a "TreadClimber" (regardless of the brand). It's a combination of Elliptical and Stairs but without applying pressure to his back :indifferent: So I was so psyched when I started finding them online and reading reviews. All of a sudden, I read the spec's on the machine: Weight Limit: 240 Lbs. :noway: I couldn't believe it! I was so upset :cry: My husband is in the 300's and now I can't believe I've been encouraging him with getting a TreadClimber.

Ugh :cry:

Replies

• onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Don't let that stop u guys! Find another brand. Maybe a lil more expensive...but worth it right?! Good Luck!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Totally not your fault. Can't he just start out with some walks on a treadmill?
  • Anna1265
    Anna1265 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the bowflex. It is expensive, but the weight limit is 300. They have 3 different ones. I have the 3000 and that one is 300lbs.
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Are these ones in the Gym? I wouldn't worry, I'm over 300 and I've been working out on the treadclimber for weeks now with no problems.

Edit: I have back/knee problems as well so same issue as your hubby. He'll love it, I've done 60 mins on the treadclimber without any twinges, I last 20mins on anything else maximum before I start aching badly.

I think I'm getting addicted to the treadclimber.... GREAT!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Are these the ones at the gym?I was on mine at the gym heavier then 240 pounds. hmm...wonder if my gyms has a weight limit. Could he try something else possibly until he meets the weight limit criteria? Swimming maybe?
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I did the ones at the Gym, didn't care about what the weight limit was as they had nothing posted. I was 300 lbs on that one and it didn't crumble under my weight or anything.

My stationary bike is rated at 250. I've had it and used it since I was 300 lbs. the only issue there may have been the calorie count probably read on the low end since i was so much bigger than the max capacity.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you all for your kind words and experiences :blushing: And swimming is a great idea, Jess! :love: As a matter of fact, we'll go swimming today! :drinker: Yay! Thanks for the encouraging words, friends :heart: I will have him start on swimming, will buy the machine whenever I get a bonus (whenever that may be :yawn: - LOL) and we will do this!!! :heart: u guys!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    How did you get your husband motivated to exercise? I've been trying to find a way to get my husband to start doing some type of exercise. He comes home from work, eats dinner and sits on the couch until bed time. He is close to 300 lbs. also. We have a treadmill and bike in our garage that he bought at different times. I don't know how to motivate him. I use the equipment but he doesn't. I know it's up to him to make the decision to do it, but I'd really like to help him. Thanks for any pointers.
  • andrewajm
    andrewajm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    the limits they set on the equipment is for lawsuits and isnt even close to correct my friend has been on mine and she is 300 the weight limit was 260 and no problems but i guess ya never know so just be careful...what a stupid thing to have such low weight limits for people trying to lose weight ..once again they discriminate against bigger people and they are the ones that need this equipment the most