Water - can I drink it all at once?

Mmmmona
Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
Do I have to space my water out during the day or will it have the same effect if I just chug 6 litres in the morning?

Replies

• jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    I wouldn't recommend chugging 6 litres in one day at all! Hahaha That's about 3 times the amount you need unless you're doing really intense exercise and sweating a bucket!

I think if I drank all of my water in the morning I would personally find that I would be dehydrated again by the afternoon if I didn't drink more. I'm assuming you'd just be peeing constantly for a couple of hours if you drank it all in one go and then all your hydration would be gone. But I'm no expert! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Drink when you're thirsty.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Do I have to space my water out during the day or will it have the same effect if I just chug 6 litres in the morning?

Not a good idea. I don't know the amount, but too much water all at once can be fatal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member

Sure, if you don't mind peeing a lot.:flowerforyou:
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    I'm not sure of the actual amount however drinking too much water in a short period of time can be fatal. It will most likely also make you sick. Drink your water throughout the day. Don't wait until you are thirsty as that means you are already slightly dehydrated.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member

Drinking according to your activity (mental and physical exertion~ your energy expenditure) levels throughout the day ~ YES. To chug large volumes at once ~ you're asking for trouble.