What high calorie/fat foods have you "grown out of"?

Options
124»

Replies

• lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Breads, crackers, white rice, tortillas are mine.
    Any American fast food.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I still crave them all. :sad:

Milk shakes, onion rings, wine, tropical drinks, hamburgers, pancakes... the list goes on and on of high-cal foods that I adore. Thank goodness I'm getting better at low-cal meals so that I can fit icecream into my schedule a few+ times a week.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Fast food just does not fit in my macros at all anymore. The meals I used to eat were around 1500 calories, which is near my limit for the whole day, and eating only one meal makes me cranky. I wouldn't say I've grown out of them exactly, because I suspect that I would still enjoy them, but it cannot fit in on a regular basis. So, I make nachos and hamburgers at home (even better than restaurants). French fries I really avoid these days, but I can make a mean homefries with grilled onions if I need to scratch that itch.

I keep my carbs at a level that keeps the cravings to a minimum and I make sure I eat in a way that does not trigger binges, but I think I will always have to remain vigilant because I gravitate to high density foods. It's good to know, and it will be interesting to see if anything changes over time.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    - Frappuccinos. I used to have a grande one (with whip) 3x a week or more. I tried having one has a treat a month ago and it tasted fake and horrible.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    sub-par desserts of any kind. If I'm spending my calories on sweets, they're going to be very decadent. Store-bought dry cake with plain buttercream just because my coworker had a birthday? No thanks. Triple layer chocolate cake and cheesecake delight from the Cheesecake Factory? Yes please!

100 times this.. although I probably wouldn't get the cheesecake factory stuff either, but only because it has so many calories I'm better off just not ordering it... I had a little lime pie on Sunday from a fancy restaurant though and it was 300 calories of pure goodness. I wish Cheesecake Factory made smaller portions (I guess I could split it in 4 but I don't have that much willpower).

Same for fries, I'm super picky about fries and won't waste calories on bad ones... so I haven't eaten any in 4 months.

Otherwise, chicken nuggets, fish sticks and fish and chips, fast food (except the low fat options that I still like), pretty much everything that doesn't fill you up for 300 calories. Full fat cheese I've decreased a lot and only have one or two servings per week. Croissants I REALLY miss but it's not worth the 300+ calories as it won't fill me up at all (and Wegmans and Whole Foods sell delicious croissants here too).

I still eat pretty much everything else, pizza, pasta, chocolate (once a week maybe), ice cream, bagels... I just have smaller portions.
  • sweetheart1982
    Options
    Soda, Fast food, cheesecake and less sweets in general
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    beef burgers.
    salt.
    most fast food (not taco bell!)

I like more new foods then foods I don't like anymore
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

Pop
    Juice
    Chips
    Fast Food
    Pretty much anything salty, really.
    Donuts & cake

I also used to hate tomatoes & I love them now!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I would say anything from the now defunct Hostess brand. I used to wharf those delicious snacks as a kid multiple times a day. But as I grew older my sweet tooth took a nose dive and I just couldn't stand the sweetness of the twinkies and cupcakes and ding dongs anymore. Acutally most store bought desserts (save for Raley's fruit tart........FOODGASM Hnnnngg) are things I rarely eat now due to how overly sweet they taste to me.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pasta, never ate peanut butter, not a pizza dude (though it is good) Love me some ice cream, chips? I've got popped chips ^_^
  • m0ya24
    m0ya24 Posts: 7
    Options
    fastfood and any colored drinks :)
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    sub-par desserts of any kind. If I'm spending my calories on sweets, they're going to be very decadent. Store-bought dry cake with plain buttercream just because my coworker had a birthday? No thanks. Triple layer chocolate cake and cheesecake delight from the Cheesecake Factory? Yes please!

oh yes! I'm a total snob about what's worth it to me now! It has to be something special!
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Anything in McDonalds the only time I may eat there is if I've been drinking which isn't that often.
    I've never eaten there during the day ever. I'd say I've grown out of most fast food places really.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've grown out of most fast food. On the rare occasion that I'm in a rush or out with buddies and we stop in my digestive system is quick to remind me.
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I still like the same foods but now I won't just eat some low quality, cheap nasty version of my favourite foods.

If I eat chocolate, it had better be Cadburys.

If I eat ice-cream, it needs to be Ben & Jerrys.

If I eat cake, I want it to be a really tasty homemade one.

So basically, my taste has become more 'fussy' generally...
  • mosommer
    mosommer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nacho cheese Doritos, especially when topped with butter and cheese, then heated til the cheese and butter melts
    French fries...they taste like pure lard to me now.
    Chocolate.
    Still struggling with Pepsi, my biggest weakness.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Chocolate bars
    Any 'candy' like gummy bears, haribo, etc.
    Crisps
    Ice cream

...Don't actually miss things like that (yet).
  • Scorchy
    Scorchy Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to be a junkie for sour fruity candy like Sour Patch Kids. Now I would rather have a bowl of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.