How much weight until my clothes fit??

Options
suki_j
suki_j Posts: 27 Member
So far I've lost 11lb over the last two months, but trousers that fit but were a little snug are still too tight for me to wear to work :( I'm wondering whether the scales are lying to me! Roughly how much weight would I need to lose to drop half a size? I'm currently a UK size 12 and the trousers are a size ten

Replies

• celinarae94
    celinarae94 Posts: 131
    Options
    They say that generally a pant size is 10 lbs but everything varies.. (where are you losing the weight, are you building muscle, etc.)
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you are really close! I noticed a huge difference at 15 pounds! :)
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Every body is different, I normally don't drop in size unless I lose 15-20lbs... I tend to lose weight evenly all over my body and not just in one area
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    Just because you are loosing weight does not always mean you are getting slimmer. Muscle means bulk, dont forget that! If you want to get lean, try doing more strength and less cardio. That's when I, personally, see the best results.
  • crissygm
    crissygm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Depends on where your body loses fat first. Take measurements and see?
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am here to confuse issues even more for you. I haven't really lost any weight in over 60 days. I gain a pound, I lose the pound, I gain the pound back, I lose the same stupid pound. However, I have dropped several sizes. Are you exercising at all? You may need to start in order to shrink your waist size. I walk or gently ride a stationary bike, nothing crazy.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your own body. My pants fit exactly the same so far. I'm guessing it will take at least 50 for me to lose a size - some people lose a size every 10lbs or so.
  • suki_j
    Options
    I am here to confuse issues even more for you. I haven't really lost any weight in over 60 days. I gain a pound, I lose the pound, I gain the pound back, I lose the same stupid pound. However, I have dropped several sizes. Are you exercising at all? You may need to start in order to shrink your waist size. I walk or gently ride a stationary bike, nothing crazy.

I exercise around 3-4 times a week, including one session with a personal trainer, and do a mix of cardio and strength training; mostly strength training
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 7months and 26lb to go from a tight UK 12 to a comfortable UK 10
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Lift heavy. I am 10 pounds heavier than my lightest weight and still wearing the same pants comfortably. I also managed to drop about 2 pants sizes with only 2 pounds difference when I first started lifting. Size has nothing to do with weight and everything to do with body composition.
  • suki_j
    Options
    It's taken me 7months and 26lb to go from a tight UK 12 to a comfortable UK 10

I might as well just give up now! I don't think I could manage to ever lose that much . . and not sure I'd want to because it would bring my bmi to underweight I think . Great job by the way :)
  • suki_j
    Options
    Honestly? Lift heavy. I am 10 pounds heavier than my lightest weight and still wearing the same pants comfortably. I also managed to drop about 2 pants sizes with only 2 pounds difference when I first started lifting. Size has nothing to do with weight and everything to do with body composition.

Thanks for the advice :) I'll try to lift heavier weights. I'm still pretty weak at the moment though :P
  • crissygm
    crissygm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose inches faster, I echo the above, do some strength training! What worked for me was 30 day shred. I have only lost 12lbs but I have lost 3 inches in my waist!
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey,

You need to lose about roughly 5 kgs in order to go down a size, I'm also a comfy UK12 in my hips, but probably a UK10 in my legs. I've lost 15 kgs so far and I actually haven't gone down drastically in clothing sizes. I will need to go clothing shopping again when I'm home to know if I'm a new size now, but I doubt it.

I think its not about losing weight to go down a dress size, but losing inches either in the hips for a jeans or all over for dresses etc, if you want to focus on inch loss Jillian Michaels DVDs are great for that.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options

This.