Adapex-p anyone ever take that?

Options
my dr just put me on it because of my weight loss difficulty with diet and excersise....anyone ever take it or know anything about it??

Replies

• LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I took it a long time ago..I lost about 10 lbs. But then I took something similar a few years later, (phentermine generic) and did a low carb diet and in 6 months I was down 65 lbs. I kept it off for 2 years and then it all came back with a vengeance. It's supposed to only be used for a few weeks to get you started. Be careful using it. It will make you hyper too!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Used it off and on for years. Addictive! Lost 40 lbs in the 4 mths because it really curbs your appetite.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Curbs your appetite fantastically... yes. Helps you lose weight fast, yes (because you just don't want to eat, not necessarily in a healthy way)

-But the weight comes back fast and then some when you go off of it because it really messes up your metabolism. If you can find it within yourself to JUST DO IT - take control of your eating habits and exercise without the pills, you will be so much better off in the long run (and probably will only have to lose the weight once instead of twice)
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Curbs your appetite fantastically... yes. Helps you lose weight fast, yes (because you just don't want to eat, not necessarily in a healthy way)

-But the weight comes back fast and then some when you go off of it because it really messes up your metabolism. If you can find it within yourself to JUST DO IT - take control of your eating habits and exercise without the pills, you will be so much better off in the long run (and probably will only have to lose the weight once instead of twice)

I agree!