Let's make it... Fabulous in our 40's!!!

Options

Replies

• angellover1974
    angellover1974 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll be that dreaded 40 on new years day 2014! this year in November I will also become a grandma (I still think I'm way to young) I want to be that fab 40 yr old grandma! so hoping to get to my goal before all that.
    I have 6 children altogeather 4 birth children 20, 15, 7, 3 and 2 step-children 20 and 16, I am disabled so can't exercise as I would like so this is being done by diet alone, 20 pound down it's all going the right way :)
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 but aim to be fit, fab by forty! So add me :)
  • bartbell
    bartbell Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 43, not in the best shape of my life, but the best shape since I was a college athlete. After shoulder and then knee surgery in my late 30s (old injuries finally catching up with my body) I decieded it was time to get serious with the wieghts again. For me, my wife, who is a great looking 41 year old and for ,my kids. Weight is just a number and I have never gotten over 200#s but it was a very soft 200 pounds at 5'10". A few years later I still travel 175 plus days a year but have used this site and gym time when I am home to get to 180 pounds, and with a harder body, much better health could not be happier.
  • MamaQuilter69
    MamaQuilter69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 44 and mother to 2 teens - 17 and 18, and some days I'm sadly lacking in motivation!!! Happy to have lots of friends to keep me on the right track :smile:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I prefer my current age to any I've ever been! I am in love with everything. I wish I'd felt like this all my life and hope to for the rest of it! :heart:

Let me tell you this woman is rocking it in her 40s. Definitely someone defying the numbers and looking 20-something!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    46 and fabulous here dahling! :wink:
  • PDNicholson
    Options
    This sounds like the group for me. At 42, I am loving life and looking forward to getting into shape to feel my best. I just signed up today! I hope this tool will help me monitor my progress and connect with others like me who aspire to be healthier.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and in the best shape of my adult life. Over 40 is no barrier to great shape and great health. I am fab and fit at 40!!!!
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Everybody ROCKS!!! Thank you all sooooooooooooo much for the great response!!! For those who are new to MFP (or have been here awhile and are just now seeing this forum post) and looking for friends.... Don't wait to be "invited", do the inviting!!! You're missing out on a lot of great people on here who may not see your post (including me). So, welcome and invite away!!! :bigsmile:
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and determined to get fit by 50 and beyond. I'd love more like minded friends. At the moment I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and C25K in preparation for two 5K runs this fall.
  • NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44-year-old domestic Goddess making it happen! Have an amazing group of friends and looking for me who are supportive and active....I give as much as I get! So give me an add:)

Nirvani
  • totallyawake
    totallyawake Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the over 40 club too ... I turn 44 this year and hope to be fabulous and fit again by the time I turn 45 ... got 100 pounds to go but I know I can do it this time with dedication and determination!
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, married, with a 3 year old. My first goal is to lose 50 lbs by Dec 1, 2013. I'm just starting now and I'm looking for support. Everyone, feel free to add me!
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in 5 weeks!
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    40 here. Most days I still feel like I am 26 - inside. Outside I feel 50! But, that is changing. :-)
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: hit 40 last year
  • AD20878
    AD20878 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Isn't the Forties the new twenties?

Pretty active on here and feel free to add.

I concur!!! I feel better now than I did in my twenties!

I totally agree with this comment, too. After a year of using this site, I am essentially maintaining now and would love to have more MFP friends in their 40s. Best of luck to everyone.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    tagging for later. i'm on the fence--i am 41 (to be 42 in sept) but have been having a rough year in terms of body changes and lifestyle changes. this is the heaviest i've been (not counting when i was pregnant). i had reached goal last spring, but like i said...this fall/winter things changed.

anyway, liked seeing all the positive posts.
  • Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and the past year has been an amazing awakening for me in terms of fueling my body with healthy food (most of the time! :tongue: ) and starting running which I never thought I could do. Feel free to add me, always open for more support and friendship on this journey! :love: :love:
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I love when this thread pops up every month or so and more friend requests show up in my in box! I love the friends on my list, but it's always nice to welcome some new ones. Have a great rest of the day everyone! :bigsmile: