I bought the 30 day shred!!!

britbrat230
britbrat230 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So we will see how well it works! just a couple questions for everyone who has it.....do you do it everyday? and when tracking it what do you call it? and about how many calories do you think you burn when you do it? thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    I just did day 1 of the shred today! Wow, it's tough. I logged it under circuit training, it gives you about 250 calories! I plan on doing it 6 days a week, and giving myself 1 day off a week. Hope it works for both of us!! :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    WOO HOO! Welcome to the pain! LOL J/k it only really hurts the first few days. :wink: Yes, it is meant to be done everyday, but listen to your body. If you need to take a day of rest in between that is OK. :) I log it as general circuit training, but I use a HRM to figure the cals burned. If you don't have one I highly recommend you get one. Have fun! :devil:
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    I burn between 260 and 300 calories each time (I have a HRM and weigh 195lbs ish). I used to log it as circuit training before I had a HRM. It's a good estimate, if sometimes a few calories out.

Also, it's not 20 minutes - it's more like 27.

I did Level 1 for 10 days and I'm onto Level 2 now. Tomorrow will be day 3 of Level 2, day 13 of the whole thing.

I think it's quite a fun workout because Jillian doesn't shout at you and make you do it, she explains how to do it right (do listen to her) and what not to do. Very good stuff.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    MFP says I burn 299 calories of circuit training for the 27 minutes, but I just got my HRM in the mail so I'll see the actual count today when I do it. I do it 4-5 days a week, with the gym 2 days a week on top of that. I've lost 4 pounds doing Level 1 for 2 weeks, so it definitely works!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Hi :)
    I was doing the 30 Day Shred not too long ago.
    I did it every day my I was capable.
    I only ended up doing it for thirteen days.
    I am going to start again soon but i'm only going to do it three times a week as strength training.
    It's intense. I love it though :)
    (Oh I mark it down as circuit training.)

Have fun with it!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    I just did day 1 of the shred today! Wow, it's tough. I logged it under circuit training, it gives you about 250 calories! I plan on doing it 6 days a week, and giving myself 1 day off a week. Hope it works for both of us!! :)

Join us here!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/98924-30-day-shred-may-30th-june-30th-support?page=2#posts-1367560
  • Thanks everyone!!! i just got done doing level 1 and its very intense! i have a good feeling about this dvd!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I finished the 30-day Shred on Tuesday and I did it every day. Some people said you do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days then level 3 for 10 days, so that is what I did but I don't think there are any rules. How many calories you burn depends entirely on the person and their weight so I logged it in MFP as "circuit training" and it will estimate calories burned based on the data you have entered about yourself. Good luck!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    I'm starting the Shred on June 1st, makes sense since it's 30 days. Call me crazy but I intend on doing the workout every single day. I know I'll be screaming for my mama from the pain the first few days but I also know the pain will go down after more or less 4 days. Maybe we should make it a June challenge :glasses:
  • marioz49
    marioz49 Posts: 51 Member
    What is the 30 day shred?
This discussion has been closed.