Low Calorie Asian Chicken Wraps

Options
inktotree
inktotree Posts: 53 Member
Okay so I made this for lunch this afternoon and it was AWESOME--so I thought I would share. It's loaded with protein and veggies so everyone would love. :P

Servings: 4
Calories: 292 per serving (2 wraps)
[This was calculated based on ingredients I used and may vary for you! This recipe is easy to tinker with so put your favorite amount of veggies in, this is just what I used today. I wish I would've added more zucchini!]

Low Calorie Asian Chicken Wraps

Ingredients:
3 Mushrooms, sliced thin.
1/2 Zucchini, sliced into thin strips and halved.
2 Scallions, diced.
2 Mini Red Peppers, sliced thin.
Water Chesnuts, sliced in half (I used about 3/4 of the can)
Iceberg Lettuce
1 12 oz. Roll Ground Chicken
Refrigerated Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth, your choice)
Teriyaki Sauce
Oyster Sauce (optional)
1 cap Lemon Juice
Crunchy Peanut Butter
Spices - Garlic Pepper, Onion Powder, and Crushed Red Pepper (optional)

Directions:

Brown Ground Chicken in skillet over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.

While Ground Chicken is browning, pour some chicken or vegetable broth (just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet) into another skillet on medium heat and add mushrooms, zucchini, scallions, red peppers and water chesnuts and cook until all vegetables are tender.

Add teriyaki sauce (to your liking, don't forget to count your calories! I did 2 tablespoons), 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter, and your ground chicken.

Stir in garlic and pepper and onion powder seasonings until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.

Pull off two leaves of iceberg lettuce and have them ready on a plate, divide one serving of the chicken mixture between the two slices of lettuce and sprinkle with a little crushed red pepper if you are interested in some heat! :)

Tada! A delicious lunch for around 300 calories! It's best served hot on the lettuce leaves (hold/cold goes really well together in this dish)! The peanut butter and water chestnuts make all the difference in this recipe so I would suggest not substituting them!

I hope you all enjoy! <3

Replies