Do you have a mantra to help you stay on track?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have a mantra but I do have a ritual.

You see, in almost any gym theres a cute chick whos minding her own business. Being cute and all but all business. And its a beautiful thing.

But in almost every gym where such cuties exists... there are bros who wanna bother the said beauty.

So what I do is, after the bro leaves his olympic bar, I grab one of the dumbells he just used and sweated all over, and start licking it while furiously rubbing the olympic bar between my legs. All the while making strong eye contact with the bro.

THAT is what motivates me to workout at the gym...

ahahahahahaha!

one of mine is: "Hard work never hurt anyone.... well, not for too long anyway and its always worth it. ~ ♥ Bry"
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    maaawwrr protein.

i wish everyday was leg day.

i wish everyday was heavy lifting day (my sched. alternates between light, med, heavy)

go hard or go home.

destroyed.
    that's how i want my muscles to feel after a good gym session.

to get through the workouts i usually just need good music. loud and fast no matter what i'm doing.
    if i'm not feeling motivated to work out (rare these days) i think about how much i'll be able to lift
    in a few weeks, my progress so far, racking up as much pts as possible on fitocracy, mostly how much
    i can lift in a few months on this lifting routine. it's going to be brutal. and i can't wait.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "I want to EAT my calories...NOT drink them!" - me when I consider having a sugary drink.
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of mantras:

"You haven't failed until you quit trying."

"You can choose to lose fat slowly, or gain fat slowly.

"No matter what you write down, the body keeps an accurate journal of what goes in your mouth."

"Every day, in every way, I am getting better."

I am typically a skeptical person, but after utilizing these I am a believer! Lol.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I picture myself in my bikini, and just tell myself...."bikini bod, bikini bod!"

It works.
  • Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment.
  • alysnyder
    alysnyder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "I love my healthy lifestyle."

"If you run, you're a runner." (I like the idea of having this identity as "a runner", something I didn't really think I could ever achieve.)

I also like one my fiance said when I told him I didn't want the excellent dinner to go to waste. "It's waste either way." That's been a good one for me. It's waste if I throw it, and I waste if I eat it but don't actually need it -- then it's waste and work to lose later.

And written on the whiteboard in my office: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I get up every morning, look myself in the mirror, and recite the following.

You take the good, you take the bad,
    you take them both and there you have
    The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

There's a time you got to go and show
    You're growin' now you know about
    The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

When the world never seems
    to be livin up to your dreams
    And suddenly you're finding out
    the Facts of Life are all about you, you.

It takes a lot to get 'em right
    When you're learning the Facts of Life. (learning the Facts of Life)
    Learning the Facts of Life (learning the Facts of Life)
    Learning the Facts of Life.

Then I tootie.
  • filoula
    filoula Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    when i want to eat some chocolate or sweets or summin... i just think "will it actually make me feel good?" and boom... i dont eat them :)
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me it's "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".
  • jadelunar
    jadelunar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to wake up to my cell phone alarm and program a message on there that would say inspiring things like, "Good morning, beautiful." or "Today will be a good day."

"If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great."

"You can do this."

I also imagine my legs getting stronger, and the fat trimming down when I walk or do elliptical. When I lift, I imagine my muscles taking a slimmer, more toned shape.
  • hrmom26
    hrmom26 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    mine is "i eat to live not live to eat"
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Push through the pain
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    For me it's "Nothing tastes as good as being **fit** feels".

FTFY
  • boothekm
    boothekm Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always say "TODAY, I'M GOING TO CHANGE MY LIFE" starting when I get up and throughout the day when I feel like I can't stay on track. When I'm tempted to cram something unhealthy in my mouth, I say "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!"
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    umm mines " I would have been overweight today if I did not stop and take control"

my other one's a little harsh...........
  • Bethie_J
    Bethie_J Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hanging on the wall at my gym: "Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You'll find they haven't half the strength that you think they do." I dunno why, but I've always liked that.
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have two:

"If you don't do it, you don't want it bad enough"

"Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for"

Workout Song:

It's My Life by Bon Jovi

This just gets in my head that yes this is my life and I want to live it! Been only existing far to long!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    If I'm being tempted by tasty but unhealthy food treats, I tell myself "I don't want it" rather than "I can't have it". This puts me back in control.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I found a new one Here!
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
    That is sooooooooo true.