GNC Women's Ultra Mega Energy and Metabolism multi.

Options
How long do I have to take this before I notice my energy level increase? I've gotten through most of the bottle so far and haven't noticed anything. I usually get 6 to 10 hours of sleep a day (I work nightshift) and haven't noticed anything. Periodically I will go through streaks where I have trouble sleeping and don't expect it to do much if I can't sleep worth a darn.

In case anyone asks, I take it in the afternoon after I wake up. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If it's a vitamins, it's only going to increase your energy if you are deficient on a specific vitamin (B 12 for example). If you can get your vitamins from food you don't need a multi and if you don't have any low vitamin issues it won't help. I personally would suggest not spending the money on it anymore.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If it's a vitamins, it's only going to increase your energy if you are deficient on a specific vitamin (B 12 for example). If you can get your vitamins from food you don't need a multi and if you don't have any low vitamin issues it won't help.

I have to agree with this. I take it and it has made a difference for me, but I also have a hard time meeting my vitamin requirements. It does have a small amount of caffeine, but only about as much as a cup of coffee. I think the fact that there is caffeine in it is why they put "Energy" in the name.

edit: I looked at some of the other Women's Ultra Mega Vitamins and this was the only one that I could find that mentioned caffeine.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    No please dont..

The only pills that can increase your metabolism and fat loss have been outlawed and banned by the FDA. Caffeine has a negligible effect on metabolic rate, And even the new testosterone craze that's flooding the supplement stores with horny goat weed extracts is nothing but snake oil. The only thing that you can take that will increase your testosterone is... testosterone.

it's ALLL BS. I used to spend tons of money at GNC, listening to everything the salesmen said inside. Take CLA's for trimming off fat, take the red pill for igniting your fat loss, take raspberry ketones, sculpiting pills, testosterone supplements, ALL of it was BS.

I still shop at GNC< but I'm smarter now. The only things I buy are BCAA's and creatine mono to support my muscle growth. I don't eat protein powder, or shakes, I eat all my protein from meat or soy. I buy a preworkout supplement that has caffeine and vitamins in it, but only half a dose, and I mix it with my pre-workout creatine and BCAA's.

The only think you can buy to make yourself lose more weight faster, is a package of post it notes to write down your reasons why you want to lose, on every surface and cabinet and countertop.

Because, GNC doesn't sell methamphetamine, or ephedrine any more.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers. When I got this bottle of multivitamins, I figured it was worth a try since it was on sale. I think I'll pass on getting another bottle of it.