Replies

• missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    World Market Triple Berry is yum
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Dove, Lindt, Godiva all the slightly higher end ones are good.

Hersheys, or any of the stuff they use in chocolate bars, yuck.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Someone turned me onto Green and Black's chocolate. Their dark chocolate peppermint is quite good.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Anything but Hersheys! Lindt, Ritter, Baci, even Dove
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
  • rubyrose712
    rubyrose712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli 72% "Twilight Delight" - so good!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Chocolove is one of my favorites. They manage to get a really smooth texture out of their dark chocolate bars. And Theo is a pretty amazing brand when it comes to flavor combinations.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    amano chocolate.
    https://www.amanochocolate.com/

the dos rios is my favorite hands down:
    This is one of the world's most unusual chocolates. It tastes like chocolate mixed with oranges with cinnamon and clove. To make this chocolate, we have not added any fruit or flavorings but have used very unusual cocoa beans from the Dominican Republic. These flavors are the true flavor of the special cocoa beans we used to make this very special chocolate. The flavor of cocoa beans changes depending on where they are from, their genetics, the skill of the farmer and these factors all go into the final flavor of the chocolate. Here, they all come together magically to create one of the world's most unusual and most flavorful chocolates.

this one work for me even though it's not the fanciest chocolate out there (ie tuescher, debauve&gallais, vosges, etc) but since i dont like truffles or anything with a liquid center, i appreciate how amano does bars
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    amano chocolate.
    https://www.amanochocolate.com/

the dos rios is my favorite hands down:

This is going on my list of bars to try. Thanks for the recommendation!

A few faves I can get locally are: Tcho (PureNotes Chocolatey), Poco Dolce (Olive Oil Bittersweet), Christopher Elbow (Dark Rocks, Dark Harvest) and Recchiuti (Bittersweet). Oh, and add me to the list of Theo bar fans--I want to try them all.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Green and Blacks! Asda (UK) does quite good 85% for £1.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Agree with someone that said Lindt 85%! Also, the Co-operative x% with orange spices is lovely. :-) And their 85% is too!
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Equal Exchange (fair trade/non-GMO) 65% dark chocolate with orange (2 squares)
    Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips to melt over nuts
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the time I lived in Switzerland.. the supermarket Coop would just have ROWS of chocolate bars.. I had chocolate every day living there.. Lindt, Cailler, Frey, even their own Coop brand.. sooo good
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Also, the Co-operative x% with orange spices is lovely. :-) And their 85% is too!
    Ooh yeah, I love that Co-operative one, and the peppermint version. I also like an Asda one, think it's 70%, that has added cocoa nibs. I wish I could afford to try all the really fancy stuff. :sad:
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i'm european and i say Lindt.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    80%+ dark chocolate made by any decent company would be my favourite... I usually buy lindt because that's what's available here. In the UK I used to buy Green and Blacks a lot.

70% dark chocolate is really nice too

milk chocolate is okay but not my favourite

Carrefour's discount dark chocolate is rather nice, given that it's really cheap for a pack of three, it's worth it. It's not as good quality as the above mentioned brands, but hey, you get three large packs for less than a dinar (can't remember the exact price)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Nestle plaistowe dark cooking chocolate :love:

I know its "cooking" chocolate, but its so good to eat!

Lindt is also good, and Cadbury Old Gold :heart:
  • pastrychefoz
    Options
    I'm partial to 2 brands the Valhrona single origin Manjari dark chocolate is crisp with nice red Berrie flavors, and the good old callebaut 53% dark chocolate standard blend.

Lucky for me we stock nearly 100kg of chocolate in my kitchen so I have some everyday but I limit myself to 15-20 grams a day and I never have a desire to splurge or eat *kitten* chocolate.
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark Chocolate Bar with a Touch of Sea Salt. O.M.G!

This one!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Green and Blacks 85% or Maya Gold.

Currently eating a 100% bar. Divinity at it's finest <3