Hi!!!! I had my left thyroid removed a year ago and can't seem to keep the weight off ... anyone else?

Replies

• udderlyfantastic
    udderlyfantastic Posts: 27 Member
    Hi,

I saw your post and that no one had got back to you and wondered if you would like to add me as a friend. I have an under active thyroid, which I know is not the same, but I do understand the difficulties that you are experiencing. I piled weight on over the ten years it took my doctor to decide to actually treat my condition. My blood results did not reflect how ill i felt, so it took me years to get them to believe me. I am an ex RGN too, so I knew there was something wrong with me. If I could not make a doctor understand what was going on I feel sorry for the rest of folk. Anyway, I just thought that I might be able to help with support. I know it's going to be a hard journey for you and you are going to need a lot of courage and determination, but I believe that you can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend and message me at anytime, but no pressure, it's up to you. Good luck! X