Already over my calories??

Options
It is lunch time here (in Korea,) and I am already over my calories. I worked out this morning, and I was starving after the workout. I ate some eggs, and half a bowl of rice. For lunch, I ate bibimbap, which is high in calories. I have been hungry all day, so I ate a couple of snacks before lunch. But, unfortunately, I am already over my calories. Am I eating too much? Could it be because I was under my calories yesterday? I only eat until I'm full, not stuffed. Should I raise my calorie intake?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Age, height, weight, etc.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It is lunch time here (in Korea,) and I am already over my calories. I worked out this morning, and I was starving after the workout. I ate some eggs, and half a bowl of rice. For lunch, I ate bibimbap, which is high in calories. I have been hungry all day, so I ate a couple of snacks before lunch. But, unfortunately, I am already over my calories. Am I eating too much? Could it be because I was under my calories yesterday? I only eat until I'm full, not stuffed. Should I raise my calorie intake?

Your instincts are good: eat after a workout, eat small meals/snacks often, eat when you are hungry especially if you have been active and your body needs fuel.

But it's impossible to help you without more information. What is your calorie goal? Your age, height, weight. Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    I love love bibimbap!! And how many calories are you currently eating, if you don't mind?
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Age, height, weight, etc.

Currently my calorie goal is at 1200. I am 27 years old, 5'1" and I am currently weighing 155 pounds. I actually input my pounds in incorrectly when I first signed up, but either way, it is set at 1200 calories a day. It only allows me to eat back the calories that I burn, and I'm not looking to eat back all of my workout calories.
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you have had rice, eggs post workout it's good for you...sugar in rice gets used up as energy...don't worry.....if you are hungry you need to eat more...no matter it is exceeding your daily calorie intake....eat healthy though :)
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    and I'm not looking to eat back all of my workout calories.

There's your problem.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry - eat. If you are craving - chew chewing gum, drink water, have an apple. :-)