Just started 5 days ago

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've been trying this for the past 5 days and I've only lost 1 pound. I burn over 1000 calories a day from exercise and I'm always under my allotted calories. However, 2 out of the 5 days I was in the negatives for protein. But, I don't understand how that could be bad to have too much protein. Doesn't protein help you build muscle? I'm getting a little frustrated that I'm not seeing results in weight loss yet. Should I weigh in everyday or just at the end of the week?

Well, I hope everyone reaches their goals!

Steph :)

Replies

• gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    You're probably gaining some lean muscle mass or you could be retaining water. Try weighing yourself once a week...same time of day and under the same circumstances.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    It sounds like you're not eating enough. It's so important to eat your allotted calories and then you're exercise ones as well. Honestly though 1 pound in 5 days is nothing to shake your head at!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You really cant expect more than 1-2 lbs per week (500-1000 calorie deficit) so you have lost quite a bit in the first 5 days. Weighloss isnt a quick process. Frustrating but it seems to take longer to lose than it did to gain it. :grumble:

Remember it takes 3500 burned calories to lose 1 lb!!

also you can change your ratios manually .... we dont all go by the MFP presets... mine are currently set to 40 carb/30 protein/30 fats.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last post. I am frequently over on protein and under on the rest. I posed that question on these threads and a lot of people said MFP only allots 15% to protein or something like that, and many people don't agree with MFP ratios. Like you, one would think protein was good for building muscle.

And I also agree that you shouldn't be discouraged with one pound in 5 days. Good luck and stay with it!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm also new to this. I have been stuck at the same weight for so long, and get very discouraged.
    I agree though that it isn't bad to have more protein that what they are saying. I also try to stay low on my carbs, but it's hard.
    What type of exercise do you do? Like the one person said...you may be gaining more muscle and that weights more than fat....so the scale may not be moving, but you may be losing inches. I would say try taking your measurements and start tracking that also.