one of those who discovered MFP and became obsessed :)

Options
Hi guys,

I am relatively new here, but since my first log in I just continued to come back every day...I find it very useful for calorie counting, support and of course motivation..when u see how others do it, especially those success stories, I just want to go out and exercise....well, not all the time but sometimes :) I have had some eating issues in the past and still struggling with it so I would be happy to find new fitness pals to share our weight loss process...
I am currently living in Netherlands and use the metric system, which sometimes is annoying because I see a lot of products in oz and cup and I don't understand them...but there are conversions for that...I am here because first I want to eat healthy and monitor everything I eat, deal with my eating problems and of course lose those extra pounds...
so feel free to add me or if anyone is in need of friends for support, I'm here...Cheers.

Replies

• GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    And the best part about MFP...its free! The only thing stopping you from achieving your goals is you!

Feel free to add :)
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I am relatively new here, but since my first log in I just continued to come back every day...I find it very useful for calorie counting, support and of course motivation..when u see how others do it, especially those success stories, I just want to go out and exercise....well, not all the time but sometimes :) I have had some eating issues in the past and still struggling with it so I would be happy to find new fitness pals to share our weight loss process...
    I am currently living in Netherlands and use the metric system, which sometimes is annoying because I see a lot of products in oz and cup and I don't understand them...but there are conversions for that...I am here because first I want to eat healthy and monitor everything I eat, deal with my eating problems and of course lose those extra pounds...
    so feel free to add me or if anyone is in need of friends for support, I'm here...Cheers.

Hey! Welcome to MFP - I too had eating issues in the past, which then led me on a destructive path, hence why I am here - you CAN conquer those eating demons; it does take a while, but is definitely possible. Read as much as you can about sustainable, healthy weight loss and you'll be amazed :)

I know what you mean about oz/cups - normally there are ways of converting and if you are in doubt, just add the food to your database and then you know it is there for future reference - it can be time consuming but worth doing for peace of mind.

Feel free to add me - I'm on a quest to lose a further 100lbs and love the gym and clean eating, but do not advocate starvation or restriction and will not encourage it - been there, done that - but I will always help if anyone has any questions.

xxx
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I too had eating issues in the past (even the recent past) that I'm trying to put behind me and lose weight healthily - without completely restricting the foods I love. I'm looking to lose another 10kg or so (but my goal is adjustable depending on how my body looks as I get closer) and find MFP pretty helpful.