There goes my exercise, I've hurt my knee!

Options
I have been a yo yo dieter for years, I would lose weight through just dieting and end up bingeing and putting it all back on again. Dieting alone has never worked for me, however through my husbands rower machine I managed to lose a stone in a couple of months and didn't even find it hard as I still allowed myself treats and exercised it off.

Now I have hurt my knee and been told to rest it for a while. I know it is only temporary but I was doing so well and on a roll. I know I am going to do it through cutting down the calories until my knee is ok again, but I'm just so frustrated that I finally found a way to lose weight I could stick with, and now I'm going to be put back a bit :frown:

Moan over! :smile:

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    if you can use you knees, try using light weight and many reps
    and some core work, that way you burn some cals

i hope this helps

anyone can add me
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    There's lots of things you can do. Swimming, some upper body weights
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You're probably doing the exercise incorrectly if you're hurting your knees with low impact... are you pushing through your heels and not yours toes? Side note: resting is a part of recovery, but using it as an excuse not to exercise... something entirely different.

edit: I realized you may have hurt your knee another way, but you can still do upper body movements. You can look into seated exercises with band training.
  • richarddalli
    richarddalli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you can use you knees, try using light weight and many reps
    and some core work, that way you burn some cals

i hope this helps

anyone can add me

I injured my left knee a month or so back and the doctor instructed me to rest it as much as possible. I kept up my routine by shifting to doing low weights - high repetitions exercise on my upper body - with a low recovery time between sets. It worked wonders.

Good luck with your knee.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    There's lots of things you can do. Swimming, some upper body weights

^^^^ This. Even if all you do is walk up and down in the pool.