Fiber/Protein question?

KiriKiriKiri
KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Prior to joining this website, I lost a lot of weight on my own...

I decided to join this website so that I could get the BOOST to loose the last couple lbs to drop to my very bottom of my weight in my healthy weight range.

My question is in regards to Fiber and Protein. I never go over my caloric intake, sugar, carb, etc, however my Fiber and Protein always seem to go over. Fiber is insanely in the "red" at the end of the day. I find it a little odd that the Fiber requirements are so low...but then again :/

Should I aim to not eat as much Fiber and Protein??? Will this hinder or slow down the WL? Anybody with some advice, experience?

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    In my opinion...if what you have been doing is working for you, and you're not having any digestive side effects from the amounts of protein and fiber....go with what you know!

Congrats on what you've done this far, and good luck with the rest! =)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    The fiber allowance on this site is very low, and I think the sodium allowance is a little high. Fortunately, you can go into your goals and manually adjust those figures to suit your needs. I set my fiber at 30 grams and my sodium at 2000 mg.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    I'm almost always on fiber. I try to get 25g everyday. I really don't think it's a bad thing to be over on fiber or protein. I'd be more concerned if I was over on sodium or fat everyday.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Thank you!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    The fiber allowance on this site is very low, and I think the sodium allowance is a little high. Fortunately, you can go into your goals and manually adjust those figures to suit your needs. I set my fiber at 30 grams and my sodium at 2000 mg.
    The MFP setting for sodium of 2,500 is based on USDA recommendations. One place I read said that the body can function normally with 3,000 - 5,000 mg of sodium a day. Granted, 5,000 mg is kind of high, but 2,500 mg is ok. You don't want to limit your sodium too much because it is an essential nutrient your body needs to function properly. Protein should be between 25-30% of your calories (more if you're looking to bulk up). Fiber is recommended to be between 25-35 g per day.
This discussion has been closed.