It's my first day! Wish me luck!

Options
Hi everyone. I have finally decided to commit to losing all this extra weight. I just discovered myfitnesspal while looking for a good way to track my food intake. Today I met with my doctor and he gave me tons of good information and helped me set up a diet and exercise plan. I hope that regular meetings with him and awesome tools like this one will help me to stay on track. I gained a lot of weight after having my daughter two and a half years ago, and I'm SO ready to get rid of it. I have about 125 pounds to lose, and this is the first time I have really felt optimistic about doing that. I want to wish everyone the best of luck on this journey, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and well wishes to you on your journey to better health! It's an incredible feeling to know that you're ready for the change. You've done an incredible job taking the first steps needed to get moving. What you're doing is making life style changes for life! These require your own patience and understanding if things don't go the way you may want them to. You will do well, smile every day and accept every challenge that comes your way. You deserve this! :flowerforyou:
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new to the site also. Just joined this week. I also stumbled across it while searching the web for calorie counters. I find MFP to be very helpful. Just trying to stay motivated. Good Luck
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! This site is fantastic and extremely helpful!
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as well but I love it already! I have alot to lose too. We are all here to help each other! We are more than THIS. =D
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best: This is the hardest and BEST thing you can ever do for yourself and your kids and their future :smile: Anytime you are looking for words of encouragement, feel free to send me a message: it's a long road to travel alone and MFP are here for you :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You will really enjoy it here! Good luck with the weight loss.
  • borgi77
    borgi77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Good Luck! you can do it, this site is a great tool to assist
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome!