Experiences with fitbit?

Options
I've just bought a fitbit one and cant wait to get it! can anyone give me advice using it, how are you finding it. Does it help you lose weight? how about when your commuting to work etc has anyone had any problems to do with it calculating wrong

Replies

• xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just bought a flex yesterday and am so far unimpressed. I read that people warm up to it after a week or so, so I'm going to give it a fair shot but I'm starting to wish I had just bought a HRM instead. Following this post to see what others have to say :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit for about a year and a half, it is a great tool, it is not perfect but for daily activities and walking/jogging it does great. Yes it will help motivate you to get out and walk, to park at the back of the lot, to just move around more to get your steps in. Good luck, hope it helps you as much as it has me.
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the fit bit one.
    I do not wear it on treadmill / bike. I use it just to measure my steps.. I use the treadmill and bikes computer to measure my distance as i found the fit bit varied substancially from their readings. ( your running step is diffrent to walking step )
    I also have a sports watch with measures my HR every so often to work out my calorific burn whilst swimming :)
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have an Ultra and had a Classic before that. I love it. I wear it everyday and it definitely motivates me to move more to get more steps. I don't take the calories burned as "gospel" and I usually zero out the adjustment that it gives me on MFP (I wear a HRM for actual exercise sessions and log my exercise using that data). I just find it to be a fun, motivating tool. I am eagerly awaiting my Flex. :)