couch to 5k or cardio?

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
i'm currently at W4 of the C25K program, and up until now i have been able to do intense cardio workouts on my days off. at this point, if i do any cardio (p90x, turbo kick, zumba) on my days off, i'm floored for the C25K. this is a recent development - it used to work out fine, but since i have been on W4, my C25K is really dragging because of the classes. so, my predicament is this: i want to complete the C25K program, but, i like knowing that i'm really blasting some calories in the other classes. i'm having a hard time deciding if jogging for 30 minutes solid is more or less important than getting in an hour's worth of intense cardio and working so many other muscle groups. any advice? should i bump one? alternate? keep doing the same and hope it gets easier? anyone else have a similar issue? thanks in advance! ~stacy

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    I would continue the C25K program and use that as your cardio. maybe incorporate a longer warm up and cool down and walk more. On your off days do strength traning to target upper body muscles.
This discussion has been closed.