You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    when did these airplane seats get so roomy?

I'm flying in two weeks, (last time I flew was 16lbs ago and I already noticed the seat felt roomier), I'll be interested to see if it's any comfier!
  • mayapapayaa14
    Options
    I agree that fat is a state of mine- but more in the sense that- if I know I didn't have a good day, I feel like a fat slob... but if I worked out and worked hard, I feel slimmer whether I actually lost anything that day. I also always see myself as pretty big, even though apparently I'm not... lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,714 Member
    Options
    When the gay guy at work who teasingly invites you to bears weekend in p-town every year looks you up and down and says "not this year, honey"

LOL
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You know you're not fat anymore when you realize you can walk up 3 steps without needing a half hour break afterwards. Hit me the other day that I was literally running up and down those steps all day, jumping off of them and I wasn't winded, tired or a sack of fat bouncing around. Felt so good.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You get condesending comments about your workout schedual and diet from others. Example, lunch yesterday was a salad with cucumber and tuna. "You eat like a rabbit!" "you have been doing all this working out for no reason you don't need it." Really?! I am only a few lbs from my goal that is the hardest part. GGRRR.
    This!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    When having sex with you isn't a near death experience involving suffocation or being crushed to death.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I fit back into the "skinny" clothes in my closet and they are LOOSE!!!!!
  • bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When your coworkers tell you to buy new clothes because the ones you're wearing are too big... and you didn't notice... lol...

I noticed, but I didn't think to buy new clothes until a coworker told me I needed to because I looked horrible.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Oops. Posted twice.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    1. When my guitar no longer lays horizontal (on my belly) to the ground but perpendicular.
    2. I no longer feel the breeze on my plumber crack.
    3. I no longer make that weird grunting noise when getting in/out of the car.
    4. The neighbor lady asked me "check the pilot light" while her husband was out.
    5. I can run up the stairs without blacking out.
    6. I can see the tendons on the back on my hand.
    7. My shirts stay tucked in.
    8. Getting up off the floor does not require help or embarrassment.
    9. I can squeeze through back fences to check pilot lights.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    When having sex with you isn't a near death experience involving suffocation or being crushed to death.

Hence why hate going on top.... fear of crushing the other half..

Although he says i dont crush him :\
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    When you have to explain to new acquaintances when older friends make comments about you being skinny now.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    When someone half my age (actually 3 years younger than my daughter) hits on me at the park.

When someones else claims their goal size is my size.

Both of these have happened to me in the last 4 days. Great ego boost. I think I still have roughly 30 pounds to lose. Weight lifting is doing me right.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When you go out to dinner with friends, and you don't feel like the frumpy one! You feel good about yourself and look good!
  • kknana
    kknana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great replies. Thanks for the inspiration. There were a couple where humor simple but hysterical.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    For Men
    1) When your wife can give you a hug and can grab her wrists.
    2) When your shirts only have one X or less on the lable
    3) When you need to get your wedding ring resized becuase its too big for your skinny fingers.
    4) and yes you now have a larger penis (supposedly every 45 lbs lost = 1/4 inch of regained manhood)
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Seeing my reflection and not realizing its me..
    Going out with friends/family and not being the largest one there
    When I realized all my current dress pants are so baggy on me they actually look bad.

OHH or you feel like your getting shorter cause all your pants are dragging instead of being high waters.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You know you've made progress when you have to buy new underwear.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh here is one, when I was working as a server (Which was only a few weeks ago) we have a 550 calories or less menu and I would get these evil looks when I would tell my guest that I didn't know if something tasted good because I don't eat here because I count my calories and try to watch what I eat. Or when I would see people who are doing weight watchers or what not counting calories or something they would give me evil looks like "Why do you count your calories" I had that asked to me a few times and I said "Hunny, I ain't always looked like this, if I don't count I'll be back to where I started and that isn't about to happen." When I tell someone how much I have lost they don't believe me, when I show my pictures they swear it's not me, but one thing I have going for me is that I have a scar on my arm that is seen in my biggest photo so that is usually when people believe lol.
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The last time I dieted and got down to my goal weight I did have a moment...

I walked past the mirror and caught a glance at myself - and then backtracked - staring in horror at the mirror all I could think was 'OMFG my nose is F-ing huge!!!!! When did that happen????'

After about a 10 second panic I realised that my nose had not grown, it had just unearthed itself from my previously fat smushed face.