Rest day on 30DS

Options
I know there are a million of these 30DS topics, but I couldn't find one that I needed.

I started the 30DS, and I was wondering how important it was to incorporate a rest day with the program? Is it safe for your muscles to do the program all the way through, without rest days?

I also do cardio and pole dancing throughout the week, and while the cardio is pretty low impact, the pole dancing does work out my arms and core a bit.

I don't feel like I need a rest day, but I don't want to hinder any progress if my muscles do.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I think technically you are supposed to take a rest day between levels. I did not the first time I did it, and was fine & had great results.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What Jillian herself recommends is:

shred - shred - cardio - shred - shred - cardio - rest day.
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a rest day until Level 3. And it was intended to be a rest day, I just couldn't fit it into my busy schedule that day. I'm not sure what the right answer is to this question, some will say take a rest day because JM says to on some blog. Some will say rest days is when all the magic happens. Some will say do what you want.

I choose to not take intentional rest days because I was challenging myself to the 30 days of everyday exercise to get back on track from winter. It worked for me. I am doing a second round of the 30DS and have decided to do it intermittenly with running. So I won't be doing it everyday but at least 4 days a week.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 2 to 3 days in a row of 30DS, then a rest day...I try to get in a good hike on the weekends to make-up for some of my rest days.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 and I have taken rests days but I try to do some other exercise on the days I don't do the shred. I have had amazing results!! If I knew how to post a pic on here I would lol :tongue:

<~~ My pic shows day 1 and day 17 (but it took me 30days with the rest days ... I think I will finish the program within 45 days)
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This was just my experience, but for what it's worth: I started with the intention of not taking any rest days. I went 10 days and then read that she does recommend rest. So, I took a rest day and that's when I finally started seeing results. I hadn't budged and had even gone up some until then. Now obviously the rest day could have just happened to be at the same time my body finally got with the program; I tend to think it was a little of both. I ended up taking 4 rest days and had great results. Good luck!
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! Very much appreciated :)
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ive done 30 days in a row...ten days of each level without any rest days...as i understand it thats half the idea of why it works..