jawbone UP

Options
tschaff04
tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
I have been looking into this, and it seems really cool. It says it tracks calories burned. This is a biggie for me as I haven't bought anything to track my calories burned during running yet and if it does this accurately on top of the other things it does I want it! Anyone have one? Reviews? Do you find it accurate with tracking burned calories?

Replies

• frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Going to follow along. I looked at this and the Fitbit Flex - but the flex appears to be difficult to find and on back order.
  • 2ahealthyme
    2ahealthyme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into this as well. I'd love to hear some feedback from someone who has one.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way to measure calories burned is with a heart rate monitor. Any other method is just an estimate based on calculations.

I have an UP (I won it at a race a couple weeks ago) and I have been wearing it. It's neat to see how active you are and what it says your sleep patterns are, but there is no way I would use it to decide how much to eat every day.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thank you for clearing up confusion, CarsonRuns. I found a good price on the Polar Ft4(think that's what it is called). Would you recommend that one?
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Thank you for clearing up confusion, CarsonRuns. I found a good price on the Polar Ft4(think that's what it is called). Would you recommend that one?

I can't advise you on specific models. I do know that Polar is a very respected brand. If you want something to measure distance and pace (if you are or intend to be a runner), then there are several Garmin models which have a HRM in addition to the other satellite based features.