Coffee in my protein drink, what??

Options
ChrisRS87
ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
I recently bought a 2lb tub of Optimum Nutritions Hydro Whey, Cookies and Cream flavor. It wa the cheapest, and after tasting it I could see why (I mix my shakes with Silk Almond Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla flavor). When I was drinking it one morning at work I took a swig of my protein shake and a swig from my coffee, HOLY *kitten*, what an improvement.

So now when my coffee cools down a bit I mix it into my cookies and cream protein drink, it tastes kind of like one of those Starbucks Frappe things you find in vending machines.

Nutrition Facts:

Calories:210
Carbs:4
Fat:6
Protein:32
Sugar:1

Since I drink my coffee black I didn't bother adding anything for it, black coffee is <5 calories.

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I mix a Starbucks Mocha Frap with Isopure 9 carb Cookies and Cream protein.... it's actually quite yummy for breakfast :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I was mixing 1/2 to 1 scoop powder with 1/2 cup skim milk and about 16 ounces of coffee and it was nice. I had to reduce my protein powder intake because it was making me bloated so now I just eat 1/2 scoop in my oatmeal. Never tried it with only water though, too chicken :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i make my iced mochas with protein powder...gets my muchly needed caffeine and it's healthy..bonus!!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Seems you are all much smarter than I, I wish I thought of this a long time ago, lol.
  • Tuwana73
    Tuwana73 Posts: 4
    Options
    LOL, I love your Header, what??!! Sounds like a great idea and yummy, continues wellness and fitness success!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do a chocolate whey, frozen banana shake some mornings, plus I make my much needed coffee. I never thought about mixing them- minus the banana of course- duh! It wuld be perfect on a rushed morning. Thanks!
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My favorite morning mix.
    10oz of cool coffee
    3 tablespoons of coffeemate creamer sugar free vanilla is good- coconut creme if I am being naughty
    1 scoop show me the whey chocolate
    add some ice

blend it up and yummy in my tummy :)
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome idea.
  • sam_i_am_i_is
    sam_i_am_i_is Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Using protein powder as your coffee creamer is awesome!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yum! I'm gonna do that tomorrow. :)
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    My latest afternoon snack addiction: one scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 - 2 tsp. instant coffee, 1 Tbsp. Nutella, 3/4 cup milk, 1 -2 tsp. cocoa - optional (if you like a richer, darker chocolate flavor - and I do!), crushed ice, and a little water, blended well. Tastes like something I would pay $5 for at Starbucks.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I use mint cookies protien, I will def be trying this tomorrow. Cutting my creamer would be kick *kitten*!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    And if you like Chai, I make a Vanilla Chai with a splash of almond milk chill if overnight then in the morning blend with a tiny bit of ice and Vanilla Protein powder.

Keeps me buzzing around all day!:drinker:
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a 2lb tub of Optimum Nutritions Hydro Whey, Cookies and Cream flavor. It wa the cheapest, and after tasting it I could see why (I mix my shakes with Silk Almond Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla flavor). When I was drinking it one morning at work I took a swig of my protein shake and a swig from my coffee, HOLY *kitten*, what an improvement.

So now when my coffee cools down a bit I mix it into my cookies and cream protein drink, it tastes kind of like one of those Starbucks Frappe things you find in vending machines.

Nutrition Facts:

Calories:210
    Carbs:4
    Fat:6
    Protein:32
    Sugar:1

Since I drink my coffee black I didn't bother adding anything for it, black coffee is <5 calories.

Ive been doing this for a year now.
    I brew my half mug of coffee the night before, allow it cool down, cover and refridgerate.

I mix it with almond milk and whey.

hi5****
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I put a starbucks via pack in my morning protein shake. I'll have to try one with cookies and cream and crushed ice. I love frappuccinos!!!