45 Lbs Gone!

Options
After a little over 2 years, I have finally reached my goal weight!

6861625a-b2f1-4c05-acbc-4373e35abece.jpg

STATS:
Starting Weight: 170
Current Weight / Goal Weight: 125
Height: 5' 6.5"

Here's my story if you want to read:

I've never been "skinny", but I wasn't overweight until college. My sophomore year I started dating my husband, who I love dearly, but ALL we did was go out to eat, and so instead of putting on the freshman 15, I put on the sophomore 30! I kept saying during college that I would start excercising and eating better, but I never did!

Well, several years later, we got engaged, and that was the trigger. Whenever I saw a picture of myself, I cringed, and I did NOT want to do that with all of my hundreds of wedding pictures! So, about 5 months before my wedding, in January 2011, I started this journey! I had been so bad about eating and excercising, that once I got on track and was consistent about really logging and being honest about what I was eating, as well as excercising 4-5 times per week, the weight just started coming off! In about 3 months I had lost 25 lbs and had to have my wedding dress taken in twice before the big day! By the time my wedding arrived I had dropped 30 lbs!

After that, I enjoyed my weight loss, but didn't keep working at it. About 8 months later my husband and I moved across the state, and I didn't get a gym membership for a few months. Because of this I gained about 7 lbs back. This 7 lbs helped put me back on track again, I joined a gym, and went back to the 30lb lost mark (140 was me weight at the time). I stayed here for awhile, until I started running!

I NEVER used to think I was a runner, in fact, I thought I hated it! But I saw so many people doing 5K's, that I decided I wanted to train for one. In the past, I've always been so concerned with going fast, but I knew I would quit if I kept doing that, so I slowed down and I think this was the trick! I found that I didn't really mind running if I did it at a nice slow pace. This is what got me hooked. I ran my first 5K on July 14, 2012 in 34:42, but then I did the unthinkable - I didn't stop running! I kept at it and was eventually running up to 5 miles at a time, and was slowly getting faster as well! The fall came around and I was even inspired to sign up for a Half Marathon!

This Half Marathon training inspired me to start eating healthy again, and in January of this year the weight started coming off again! It was not nearly as fast as it was the first time, but with persistance and hard work, I dropped my remaining 15 lbs, and finally reached my goal weight today!

I just want to say that, yes it takes work, but its worth it and you CAN do it!

Also - on the running, I still LOVE it, finished my first Half Marathon on March 16 in 2:00:56, and am training for a full marathon in January! It's such an awesome feeling especially since I have never been athletic in my life!

Replies

• KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Also - here's another "After" picture:

540bfa09-ea2a-496d-909c-90ba1d34c017.jpg
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! I am the same height and age and was the same starting weight (well 172). It is good to see this because honestly I too have never been skinny. I wasn't overweight until I had children but anyway I am down to 155 right now and really had no idea what a goal weight should be as I have always been about 150... 125 looks great on you! And I am competing in my first ever run of any sort this weekend. It is a mud run and obstalce course. I cannot wait!!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations for sticking with it!
  • krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Well done :)
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! Great time on that half marathon, too. I'm sure you'll do great when you go for the marathon in January... and training for a marathon will probably keep you on track over the holidays.
  • Cacoates90
    Cacoates90 Posts: 62
    Options
    This is great, you look amazing!!
  • Asheree1
    Asheree1 Posts: 4
    Options
    You look great!! congrats on your success
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! Congrats on a beautiful figure, and on the half!!!
  • HealthyDreamy
    HealthyDreamy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well done - just awesome!!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are so skinny!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ur super cute!!!

Thanks for sharing :)
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • lainester
    lainester Posts: 46
    Options
    Wow you look great! Awesome job!
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me. What a fantastic result, congratulations. I have very similar stats to you and have just started running (and almost enjoying it!) and can only dream of getting to that weight but you have shown me its possible.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nice! You look fantastic!!!
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    Congratulation on your weight loss success! Such an inspiration; have you been on any specific diet? Guidelines or rules for eating plan?
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic girl!! Way to go on your success!!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congratulations, darling! you've done so wonderfully! i see you were the first female finisher in a 5K too! amazing. i still struggle with running but i keep at it :) i'm averaging one organized race each month!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!