Anyone have holiday advice?

Options
You know how it is. You have great intentions before you go out or have those guests over, but then after it's over you look back and wonder what went wrong. Would'nt it be nice to enjoy the time with people and not have to focus on food, or have your diet struggles be a major topic of conversation?

What has worked for you? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Splurging every once in a while. Try having 1 meal or 1 day out of the week where you eat whatever you want. Just try to control how much you eat. I think portion control is very important and that junk foods are okay every once in a while as long as its in moderation.
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is for you to be the host. Have friends over to your place and it will be much easier to stay in control. Plan out what you are going to eat, have it available, and yeah splurge a little. Just decide in advance how much you are going to splurge and stick to your guns. Friends, good food, and good drink are good for the soul. But like most things in life just don't overdo it.
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks Wiseg I do most of that now, but it's good to be reminded about portion control. I think in the midst of the moment it's easy for me to forget that. :flowerforyou:

Thanks Happyguy, I really like the idea of me being the hostess. That is great fun. Maybe I should try to focus more on the good relationships when we're in the moment and slow down the speed with which I eat. :flowerforyou: