• PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What on earth is marriage prep?!

It teaches you that a happy wife is a happy life
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    you go to the gym even though you have a 102 degree fever and you have a broken leg, but you don't care if you have to drag it behind you.....you will still go to the gym and get your workout in.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You'd rather spend money on "excercise" clothes than "regular" clothes!
    Not to mention shoes! I'll happily drop $100 for a pair of running shoes, but will howl if I'm forced to pay more than $30 for non-running shoes. If that's what they call them.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Not to mention shoes! I'll happily drop $100 for a pair of running shoes, but will howl if I'm forced to pay more than $30 for non-running shoes. If that's what they call them.

That's so me! I dropped more than $100 for my Reebok Zigfly's but I'm too cheap to buy any other kind of shose that cost more than $30 unless I've seriously fallen in love with them.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    ...my favorite Mother's Day gift was my son cheering me on at the finish line of a Half Marathon last weekend.

I signed up for a half marathon this weekend too - then decided it wasn't enough and signed up for a 15K trail run on Sunday as well.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    you go to the gym even though you have a 102 degree fever and you have a broken leg, but you don't care if you have to drag it behind you.....you will still go to the gym and get your workout in.

If that's you today... REST!

Serious, Linds.
  • kimberleyaallen
    kimberleyaallen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When even a day away from the gym or any activity makes me feel like I am lazy and have missed a whole week.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have had "discussions" about the amount of time I spend running, cycling, swimming, or at the weight room.

Ha ha!

YES!!! Oh my have we had those "discussions". Even my kids complain sometimes that I'm gone too long. And they're the ones always telling me how proud they are of me. Well jeez, make up your mind!

Also: You know you're into fitness when... You plan your training and race schedule around the family vacation schedule.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    When you try to figure out how to get in your workout while on vacation.
    When you look at food and try to estimate how many calories it is by appearance.
    When you spend more time looking for workout clothes than regular clothes.
    When the gym becomes your new best friend.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date would be a lifting session.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    your sister calls you to ask if you would like kettle bells for christmas. Happened this afternoon, she's thinking ahead.:love:
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options

That's so me! I dropped more than $100 for my Reebok Zigfly's but I'm too cheap to buy any other kind of shose that cost more than $30 unless I've seriously fallen in love with them.

YES! This is me too!

Never before in my life have I spent over $100 on shoes until I started running!

Also - I'd rather spend money signing up for new races than on new work clothes (I'm in desperate need of new work clothes right now, but who wants to spend money on that??)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Related to this, you know you're into fitness when you're still browsing Amazon.com, but the time you used to spend looking at books you now spend looking at exercise equipment, and dvd's.
  • Teanbaa
    Teanbaa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    you count sitting on the toilet as 1 rep

HAHAHA love it
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    You spend your hours on your work-from-home job reading MFP forums while pretending you're focusing, and since you work from home and use your own equipment, no one has a clue...

You have a separate drawer/closet for your workout clothes and it's starting to fill up fast.

You have a Nintendo Wii, but use it only for workout games and nothing else.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    * you find yourself doing squats and lunges to pick things up off the floor instead of bending over.
    * the workout that seemed insanely difficult two months ago is now ridiculously easy (I'm referring to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hs1XlLUqIA - A good 20 minute cardio, btw, great for a small space, and not boring in the least!)
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date would be a lifting session.

This.

Also when you stay up late to launder your work out clothes, because you've been to the gym so many times this week that you don't have any clean ones.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    ...135, 225, and 315 sound like nice, round numbers.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    my kids and i talk in fitocracy slang- leveling up, props, etc.
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    When you feel illness is not a good enough reason not to go to the gym!