Complete lifestyle overhaul

Options
kajaknowers
kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
Yesterday I completed my final exam and that means I have completed university.....I was literally over the moon and in most cases I would probably have had a celebratory meal and go clubbing and mostly likely be stupidly drunk. However, yesterday instead I decided to walk in town which is a good 20k there and back, bought some nice clothes, bought myself an amazing salad from the supermarket....when I got home I got ready to go out and I was really nervous about alcohol, I didn' want to be the boring sober person in the club but I didn't want to ruin my diet by drinking my allowance of calories throught alcohol alone, I therefore decided not to drink a all, I haven't for 5 months but I always had an excuse as I was studying and therefore didn't go clubbing.....it was so worth it, for the last week my body had been gaing weight (most likely water retention) and today it dropped 4 lbs, so happy.

Now I am free for the next few weeks until I find a job so I am going to go for a jog later and go to the market and get some scrummy fruits. I now genuinely believe that nohing can saboutage my diet. Next stop a smaller, healthier me

x

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm hoping I get a shift in weight because my scales have been stubborn recently.
    I hope the studying paid off and your exams were managable. Well done for going out and not drinking. I've been challenging myself to do that for a long time and I always give in.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Good choices make all the difference! Glad you were able to do that and see the fruits from your efforts right away on the scale. Keep uo the good work and you'll reach your goals! Cheers! At least a virual toast! :drinker: :happy:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Good for you girl! Congrats on both graduation and your new mind set! :flowerforyou:
  • stacy_rihel
    stacy_rihel Posts: 47
    Options
    That is an awesome thing!! you have achieved what many can't... a lifestyle change. Good for you!!!!!! Hope you did well on your final :)
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow, yoou have3 been aking some great decisions. Hooray for your long walk into town. I just walked 11 miles today and while my friends are amazed I could even do it, I just feel great that I got up and went. Keep living the good life!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!