Strength Traning App for the iPhone?

statickey
statickey Posts: 309 Member
Hey Everyone

I need to start using weights more during my workouts...but I guess I dont really know what to do. I feel uncomfortable using weights at the gym because people are always crowded around them, so I just do my cardio and leave. Has anyone ever used an app to instruct them as they go with weights? I think that would help me a lot and I could just do it at home.

Replies

• shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Bump! I am new to lifting and I am curious about this too. :)
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    There are plenty of good apps for starting strength, stronglifts 5x5 and 5/3/1. There are even good apps for more advanced lifting programs like smolov, smolov jr for bench and sheiko's block periodized training system.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    I use the "Workout Trainer" App! The logo is a blue watch. I love it!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I use jefit. You can build your own routine, or pick one from a list. It has animations to show you how to do the lifts.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    5/3/1 has a nice app, also, and there is one called "Lift 3x5" for SS and an SL app.

Honestly if you're looking for other online information resources, sign up on Fitocracy. The various communities there offer a wealth of knowledge and support, and a nice handy way to track your workouts and make a game of it.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    stronglifts has a good app
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I use jefit. You can build your own routine, or pick one from a list. It has animations to show you how to do the lifts.

this. besides for the lists created by the app, there are thousands you can choose from online, including all (by all, I mean both) the popular routines around here. I use this app every session
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Wow thanks for all the feedback you guys! Now I have some direction :)