NSV - Kids

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
I workout in the basement in the kids "play room"... there's a TV set up down there and I'll ride the elliptical with some crunchy metal blaring in my ear-buds while the kids watch Lilo & Stitch for the 110th time... anyway, the other night, I'm weight lifting down there and my daughter, who's 4, jumps on the elliptical and starts imitating me. My son who's 2 is on their rocking horse and says he's exercising. Then they jump off and down some water while pretending to breathe hard and say, "good work out! "It's great having that kind of innocent & unbiased support.

Replies

• michelle0114
    Options
    That is too cute. My daughter loves to workout with me she thinks it's the best thing ever. She the one reason I keep going.
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hahaha... that's awesome!

I want that for my 7 y.o. son who for now is skin and bones and says he wants to be fat like us when he grows up..... nooooo!
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cute :)
    My kids are like that. My oldest is 3.5 and he loves doing pushups with my husband. I recently got a trailer to attach to my bike and he likes to sit back there and cheer me on. And yell at me if I stop pedaling
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    haha too cute! My little girl who is 3 calls working out doing "jumping jacks" (doesn't matter what you might be doing) and she will try her hardest to keep up with whatever workout we are doing lol its fun
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I recently got a trailer to attach to my bike and he likes to sit back there and cheer me on. And yell at me if I stop pedaling

We recently bought a trailer too but put BOTH kids in the same trailer... I couldn't figure out why I was riding a bike was such a workout (yes, I'm still over 300lbs but it SHOULD be getting easier). Then I realized, my 4yo is 40lbs and my 2yo is 30... plus the weight of the trailer 20lbs give or take and I'm pulling 90lbs UP HILL!!! WELL DUH!!... lol

-Mark
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!