trying to lose 7 lbs

Options
Hello!

I am 5'4 and 124.5 lbs as of today. I'm trying to get back to my preferred weight of 118 by losing belly fat. If I flex my stomach, I see a nice 4 pack of abs but when I relax, it's my belly. Which makes no sense because I'm a size 3 jeans. I'm currently doing 90 minutes of exercise every day, and I'm on the Paleo Diet.

Do you think it's possible for me to lose the 7 lbs in 2 weeks?

Replies

• mink63
    mink63 Posts: 35
    Options
    Im 5'6 and weigh 124 with a goal weight of 115. Size 2 jean. I know exactly what you mean! After i work out my stomach looks great for about an hour then gets kinda mushy. I have a little lower belly that is so hard to get rid of. I dont know how your body is, but when i was working out 1.5 hrs a day and eating very healthy (only meat, veggies, fruit, and fat free diary) i lost 5 pounds in 1 month. I think its totally possible to lose 7 pounds in a month at your weight, but in 2 weeks sounds tricky. Maybe if you are really bloated and cut out some salt and drink more water you can lose some water weight in 2 weeks that will make your stomach more defined?
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Um.. no? If 7 pounds is all you have to lose you will absolutely not lose it in 2 weeks.

Also, you will not just lose "belly fat". It's going to come off of where it wants to, not just your stomach.
  • SunhappyDC
    SunhappyDC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Um.. no? If 7 pounds is all you have to lose you will absolutely not lose it in 2 weeks.

Also, you will not just lose "belly fat". It's going to come off of where it wants to, not just your stomach.

why cant i lose it in 2 weeks?
  • purpleipod
    Options
    Because that's more the speed of weight loss you'd see in someone that has around 100 pounds to lose? The less you have to lose, the slower it comes off.
  • SunhappyDC
    Options
    Because that's more the speed of weight loss you'd see in someone that has around 100 pounds to lose? The less you have to lose, the slower it comes off.

that's horribly depressing. i was hoping that a major change in my diet would help with that. what's a more realistic time frame then? a month?
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    moogles1 -- I think 7 pounds (especially in two weeks) is a very aggressive goal to have for someone already in pretty decent shape. Not knowing much about the Paleo diet, I would look at the type of exercise you are doing. Maybe swap some of your cardio for weight training to help tone all of your muscles. Unfortunately, it is near impossible to just work on your abs.
  • SunhappyDC
    Options
    moogles1 -- I think 7 pounds (especially in two weeks) is a very aggressive goal to have for someone already in pretty decent shape. Not knowing much about the Paleo diet, I would look at the type of exercise you are doing. Maybe swap some of your cardio for weight training to help tone all of your muscles. Unfortunately, it is near impossible to just work on your abs.

I don't feel in shape. I just started working out regularly in the last 2 months. I've always been a pretty small person, but with a small pouch, if you will, on my belly. I want to get rid of it for beach season.

I coudl try weight training.
  • purpleipod
    Options
    I'd say 2 months minimum honestly.