Lifting weights

Options
I am sure this topic probably got lost in topic, but I think it is an important one especially for us women. After researching and taking physiology, anatomy and pathology classes, I found that weightlifting is very important for fat loss. I think the myth, using low weights and high reps to "tone" is true. It's a myth. It only stimulates endurance muscles (slow twitch). Using heavy weight stimulates muscle cells to grow to gain strength to lift heavy. It won't bulk you up. We as females can't bulk unless we take steroids. However, in order for us to "tone", we need to build muscle mass to shrink the fat loss to get some of that definition. Nutrition plays also an important role because we need more protein a source of fuel for our muscles to grow.

Back to weight lifting...you see we have to build muscle to rev up our metabolism, how you do think the men lose more weight easily doing nothing, but most importantly the fat...because they have more muscles than us... duh. But not only that, the US consumes a lot of calcium but still have a high incidence in osteoporosis. Why? Because we don't get enough vitamin D and we don't enough high resistance training to build bone density. Folks needs to stop drinking soda even diet. That is important in our health.

So ladies don't be afraid to do some heavy lifting and intensify your cardio routine and shorten it. I advise to do lifting first so you won't be tired and then do cardio afterwards. BTW, cardio not only burns fat in a slower pace, but after a long time it can burn muscle too. hth