MFP Advice

DJackson230
DJackson230 Posts: 306
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Are yall concerned with the caloric intake only and use the exercise to take your net lower... or are you concerned with using exercise to keep you under your budget.
I am aware that you lose faster if you stay under budget and kill your caloric budget, but I am thinking long term...
Any opinions?

Replies

• mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    I nearly always use the calorie allowance plus anything I burn doing exercise. I use exercise to help me feel fitter and tone up, I use the calorie control to keep an eye on what I put in to my body !!
    Hth.
  • slim4lyf
    slim4lyf Posts: 33 Member
    I have been on weight loss and gain adventures prior to this, lost a lot of weight very fast and actually kept of of for a few years,eventually gained it back due to several reasons, but one thing I leanrned from this is, that this time around I am determined to go slow. I use my daily calories plus about half of my added exercise "surplus". That is giving me plenty to eat ( 6 meals a day), and a slow and steady weight loss. This time it will stay off no matter what. I am under my allowance 90 % of the time.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I pretty much stopped logging my intake...I know some want/need to keep that kind of control, but I know what's good and what not-so-good and keep them where they need to be. I don't stave myself, never have, but I also don't worry too much about it if I want "something" extra....this is life for me and that means I gotta do this without all the devices...I'm just listening to my body now...and

YES, I use my exercise to keep me @ feeling good.

With everything out there, it was getting a little crazy for me....so now I just workout, get my water, and eat right...that'll do it:happy:

I really loved each of the responses here:
    "...plenty to eat ( 6 meals a day), and a slow and steady weight loss."
    " I use exercise to help me feel fitter and tone up"
    & especially, "I am thinking long term..."

Just keepin' it real, for me....:tongue:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I exercise for muscle tone. I eat most/all of my calories for most of my workouts. However, if I do an 800-1000 calorie workout, I tend to NOT eat all those calories. I guess I fear that a sort of random workout like that could backfire if I eat the extra thousand calories ... But like everyone else, I'm here for the long term. If it takes me a year to lose the last 60ish pounds, that's okay with me. I'd rather enjoy the trip and keep the weight off than fit into skinnier jeans faster, you know?

But DO try different ways and find out what works for you!! Good luck :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I have been on weight loss and gain adventures prior to this,

I LOVE that!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I know that exercise is key to living a longer, healthier life. So, knowing this, I am much much more active today than when I started MFP.

I use the calorie counter even when I have been on maintence. Why? Because I had 48 years where I didn't, and look what it got me. High cholesterol, high BP, no muscle tone, no confidence and last but not least 50 extra pounds of unadulterated FAT slowing my body down and causing aforementioned conditions.

My answer to you would be:
    I eat better and exercise more, if along the way I lose some weight, BONUS!!! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.