Help!

Options
My main problem is not the calories, it's the fats and carbs and sugars! I have no problem staying within my calorie goal every day, but if you look at the big picture, I am almost always OVER on fat and sugar and everything else. So today, I decided to plan out my whole day, snacks and all, and omg it was soooo hard! It took me an hour to create a plan for today in which I am under on carbs and fat, but way under on calories and that deficit will increase once I do my daily walk, and over on sugar (mainly due to the fruits I eat). My question is this: as long as I have more calories than my BMR, how far below my goal can I be without it becoming unhealthy? At what I have now, I'm 151 cals below goal and only 37 cals above my BMR. Once I walk that 151 will grow to about 320. :ohwell:

I am going to make a trip to the grocery store after lunch to see what kind of fat and sugar free foods I can find that have a decent amount of calories, but I need advice for the days that I cannot do things like this. I'm on vacation right now from work and I have a lot of free time on my hands but Saturday when I go back to work, things are going to get even more difficult! Plus, I am not the person that buys all the groceries for the house. My grandmother and aunt buy most of the groceries and they could care less about things like carbs and fats and sugars, let alone calories. So if I'm out of funds and run out of my healthy foods, all I have left are their unhealthy foods. And, even though they were gracious enough to take in my kids and me when I split with my ex, they are too selfish to care if I'm trying to lose weight (hence the gigantic cake that was supposedly my birthday present!) So I'm kinda going into freak out mode. I don't want to start gaining back pounds because I can keep my calories under control but nothing else. If I am ok doing what I am and just worrying about staying above my BMR, then I should have no problem with the rest, but idk if being that far below goal is ok or not. Any advice??

Replies

• mandi108
    mandi108 Posts: 16
    Options
    As I was making my lunch today, I did find a couple of things in my fridge that I honestly forgot I had and was able to tweak my original plan for today so that everything balances out a little better..... with the exception of sugars and protein. But at least I don't feel quite so much like I'm about to have to starve myself to stay under all these ideal goals!