Do you use a kitchen scale?

Options

Replies

• mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will defintely get one!

Thanks for the suggestion on the scale.. but I watch what I spend.. so I'm going to get this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M0HNYC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2NVEKMQTGKOW8
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I love my digital scale. I even use it to weigh my books for paperbackswap when I mail those out.

I highly recommend one :D
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If anyone is trying to accurately track calories, and does not own a kitchen scale, then they are doing it wrong. End of story.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use my a lot.
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet, but I ordered one so I will be soon!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use my little scale evey day! It's an old one I to from Weight Watchers years ago nd it still works great. I find it very helpful.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I use it every day. It's one of the most important tools in my kitchen.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    All the time, counting calories or not! I'm a scientist and I think weighing things has become a habit!
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    No because I like to weigh nekkid! Every pound counts!!
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    I totally do! in fact I used mine so much i bought a 2nd one to keep at work. Don't worry about getting an expensive one or a brand name (aka "biggest loser") one... as long as it has grams and ozs that's all you need!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    A kitchen scale is an absolute must. I use a digital scale, because I feel it's more accurate, and I measure out EVERYTHING. You'd really be surprised in terms of what a serving really is - also, sometimes pre-packaged food doesn't weigh as much (or in some cases more,) than the label indicates.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    it's an absolute must if you bake from scratch too... Alton Brown says "never measure what you can weigh!"
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I use one every day, it is an incredible tool for staying accurate
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love mine & use it all the time. I went with a little more expensive one but I like that I can look up a food code type it in & the exact NI for that food come right up you can google it: Perfect Portions Food Scale + Nutrition Facts it was about $50 although alot of the stores that carry it like bed bath & beyond have coupons avail to bring down the cost
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use it to get ball park ideas of what my portion sizes are, I don't use it everyday but I do use it when I bring new food to my diet so I know what I want to eat is.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. I have a food weigh scale and discovered that I was seriously UNDERestimating everything. If I had entered the actual weight I wouldn't have been even coming close to 1200 calories.. Probably more like 900 a day. Bad bad bad.

I just watched local grocery stores and such, and picked one up at Canadian Tire when it went on sale from 29.99 down to 9.99.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I have this one and i love it, the description in reviews about not taking up counter space is what sealed the deal. I've had mine 4 months now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E7AZQA/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Options
    I am on Medifast and find that if I don't use a scale, I short myself my protein. Just got one from Amazon prime, under 6 bucks. Be sure to check that whatever one you use has ounces and not just grams if you're mathematically challenged like me.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    A food scale is more important than a bodyweight scale.

GET ONE!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use mine for everything. I have almost done away with measuring cups, since my digital scale measures everything. A scale is the best weight loss tool you can have in your kitchen.

How do you measure liquids?

Put the cup on the scale and rezero. Find out the serving size in grams (or oz). Convert from mL if need be. Or figure that one cup equals 8 oz. Pour liquid into cup until it reaches the amount of serving.