Nausea when exercising

Options
Hey! I am relatively new to MFP and have been doing well. The support on here has been amazing and I thank everyone for it. I had a question though and was wondering if any one else has had the same issue and what the cause may be...

I am doing mostly cardio, either at the gym or long walk with the dog. Within the past two days I have had extreme nausea when I start to cool down. Its not during the actual exercise but when I'm cooling down or when I'm at a cross walk waiting for traffic while on my dog walks. I have been meeting my calorie goals, not exceeding but not excessively under, and been doing well with water intake. I eat about an hour/ hour and half before exercising so that I have some protein and carbs in me to sustain me throughout the work out. I didn't feel the nausea when I started MFP and working out, only recently. Has anyone had the same experience? What could be the cause? Oh and just a back ground on my health, I do not have diabetes or high blood pressure. I do however have a history of seizures which are always accompained with nausea so this is definitly an area of concern for me.

Thanks!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    What are your calories set at? Are you eating your exercise calories? I would say either you aren't eating enough to support your exercise or the issue may be caused from going from high intensity workouts to low intensity quickly. It happens with me if I don't slowly work down my intensity.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm a big girl so my calories are set at 1760 with my objective set at losing 1.5 pounds a week. I usually eat all those calories and then about 2/3 of what I burned during exercise. Its strange, at the beginning I didn't eat all my calories and I didn't feel this way during exercise.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Might be the type of calories you are eating? Too low sodium... fast digesting carbs?

May be a good idea to check with your doctor. I believe blood pressure issues can cause nausea when exercising.
  • DBossTorres
    DBossTorres Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to suffer from this as well. It's caused byseveral reasons lack of hydration during the excercise, over hydration,over exertion during exercise, or from too abruptly ending an exercise session. If it persist and worsens I suggest you go see your primary care physician.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I ended up going to Urgent Care since it got worse while I was out of town for a long weekend. Turns out it was a sinus and ear infection. Hopefully I will be back to exercising and woozy free in no time!