Is this stuff for real?

Options
Has anyone ever used Walden Farms products? The zero calorie, zero carb, stuff. I'd love to know your thoughts - good and bad!!!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie? So water??
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Stuff is gross. The only thing I found tolerable was the caramel dip for my apples, I think that everything else tastes like chemicals!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I tried the peanut butter. It tastes like really sweet chemicals. The chocolate sauce is slightly better, but it's been sitting in my fridge door for six months uneaten so it's still not very good.
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh don't do it. I know it seems amazing, and you think that you can get used to the taste, but you can't. I ordered a few things, the peanut butter, the chocolate peanut butter, the alfredo sauce, and the apple butter. The apple butter was almost tolerable. The rest was terrible. The peanut butter made me want to gag. It was like, chemicals with a slight peanut aftertaste. So, so bad. After tasting them all, the site of the jars made my stomach turn. I didn't just throw them away, I threw them away and then took the trash to the dumpster. I HATE taking the trash to the dumpster--haven't done it since we left out the cat's wet food and maggots hatched in it, but it was that serious.
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    Nasty Nasty Nasty Nasty Nasty made me want to throw up!!! Yes it taste like chemicals!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Thought I found the holy grail with this stuff. Nope. The salad dressings are just water, vinegar, spices, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, and cellulose gel.

That last one sounds unpleasant.

I can make better stuff at home.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    For real, yo?
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit.
    htzebk.jpg
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has calories, but because a "serving size" very low calories, they can claim that it has 0 calories according the US regulations.

Think of it like 1 cal cooking spray. The product I have has 1 calorie per 1 spray, but the bottle is 200ml.
    100ml has 520 calories
    0g carbs
    0g protein
    54g fats

If I use the WHOLE bottle over the course of 2 months I've had an extra 1040 calories over 60 days. But I only use a small amount a day and don't "feel" like it counts. Same with Walden Farms, it counts.

Put it this way: You will not see data that proves the whole bottle has 0 calories.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't think this brand is available in Canada, but I'd suggest you stay away! Zero Carb/Zero Calories is just another way of saying "we've stuffed this product full of chemicals that you can't pronounce to make it taste like food, but enjoy this food-like product as if it were actual food!"
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has calories, but because a "serving size" very low calories, they can claim that it has 0 calories according the US regulations.

Think of it like 1 cal cooking spray. The product I have has 1 calorie per 1 spray, but the bottle is 200ml.
    100ml has 520 calories
    0g carbs
    0g protein
    54g fats

If I use the WHOLE bottle over the course of 2 months I've had an extra 1040 calories over 60 days. But I only use a small amount a day and don't "feel" like it counts. Same with Walden Farms, it counts.

Put it this way: You will not see data that proves the whole bottle has 0 calories.

I totally disagree with the above labelling laws

a) because zero times anything no matter how big still equals zero and to claim zero calories based on a tiny serving size is the maths equivalent of deliberately using the wrong one of their, they're and there and then when corrected saying "what's the big deal, it sounds the same."

and

b) because it is misleading. People will make the mathematically correct assumption that the whole package of the stuff contains zero calories and consume the whole lot in a short time, and that may be a naive thing to believe.... but their maths is correct. It's only done so they can get more sales by claiming zero calories for a product that does not actually have zero calories.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I tried several of their dressings. Very fake sugary tasting...the only one worth it was the Balsamic dressing. The other ones are awkward and not very palatable. I hear people like the maple syrup and some of the dips, but I'm not willing to go there after the experience with the salad dressings. As for peanut butter, go for the real thing or use PB2.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit.
    htzebk.jpg

LMAO.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I would not eat that stuff. You will pry my Vermont Peanut Butter Green Mountain Goodness out of my cold, dead hands.