Exercise

What are some good exercises that I can start with?

Replies

• LaPetite3
    LaPetite3 Posts: 9
    Just arrived from jogging! It's a good start for the ones who are not used to do sports. Try by starting with low terms, for example tomorrow 15 min. of running, the day after tomorrow 20 or 25 min. and so on.
    My PE teacher also told me to run 10 min. throughout and then walk for 5 min, and then running again for 10 min, and so on. I like this idea and it's very convenient!
    If you are more the calm type try out Yoga or biking.
    Anyways you can start with everything as far as you are motivated and open-minded to every kind of sports!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    anything to get you moving, walking, dancing, swimming
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Put one foot in front of the other. Repeat. Lift heavy things and then put down. Repeat.
  • MinnieLou92
    MinnieLou92 Posts: 36 Member
    Depends what you enjoy! It's best to find something you can stick with at first, before you alter your routine and make it the best it can be. The best beginner exercise is the one you will incorporate into your week.
  • bobbinseed
    bobbinseed Posts: 39 Member
    I like to speed walk for 30 minutes and do at least 3 sets of 10 squats and 30 second planks. Not too difficult and the benefits of squats are amazing! I also like to crank the music and dance like a fool when nobody is home for about 20 minutes a day if I get the chance :)
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    I started with walking to get myself moving again. Then I threw in some Wii Fit that I already had at home. I then did the c25k program and am now jogging outside regularly (trying to get my breathing under control). I am now looking into Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to get more cardio and incorporate some strength training.
  • the best thing to burn fat is any type of fasted cardio for 20 minutes, weight training, and high intensity interval training, like insanity or p90 x. Weight training is probably the best since you gain lean mass, which increases your metabolism and tones your muscles
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Depends what you enjoy! It's best to find something you can stick with at first, before you alter your routine and make it the best it can be. The best beginner exercise is the one you will incorporate into your week.

Keep tring different things until you find something you will do regularly

This is the first program I found that I can do forever ......low impact, very little space required ... my "excuse proof" exercise... example here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related

collagevideo.com is a great place to pre-veiw exercise videos. Lots of reviews and video clips. A professional does all the workouts & rates beginner, intermediate, etc. Equipment requirement is also listed.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member

^This!

Walking, bicycling, whatever gets you moving!
  • blackstar420
    blackstar420 Posts: 6 Member
    my recommendation is check out bodybuilding.com. They have an insane database of exercises, exercise plans, etc... That's my go to spot for exercise info & motivation.
  • What really got me going in the beginning and worked for me in the long-run is the easy stuff that you can do virtually anywhere!!! For example, I invested in a jump rope; provided you have the space, which isn't much at all, it's a good cardio workout you can do almost anywhere versus trying to run in a little cramped apartment on a rainy day or during winter or versus buying a treadmill if you're on a budget.

As for strength training, I believe in body resistance workouts that don't involve equipment - I like to do sit-ups, door pull-ups, squats, and things like that. Some people argue that those sort of exercises won't get you results, but I beg to differ as living proof that they're rather effective if you're consistent (as with any form or exercise, really) and are on top of your diet.

Best of luck to ya!!!