What is that Part of the leg and how do I get rid of it?

Options
Ok the inner/under part of my leg down by my knee is nasty and fat. Seriously I will not wear shorts again until that part is gone. Is there a workout that would help for that spot? Is there a muscle name or is it all just fat?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, fat has to come off all over.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures of anatomy it's the "vastus lateralis"

Yes but everyone has "target muscle groups" that they want to work on. I didn't suggest that it's the only part of my body that I am focusing on.
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    If it's on the inner part of your knee, it's not vastus lateralis ("lateral" means towards the outside). And it's probably not a muscle but rather fat that is making it ugly. You could always try ankle weights with leg lifts: sit down with legs out in front, turn your ankle out, and lift. That will primarily target your vastus medialis (part of your quads), so as you keep losing fat, that area may tone better. Good luck!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If it's on the inner part of your knee, it's not vastus lateralis ("lateral" means towards the outside). And it's probably not a muscle but rather fat that is making it ugly. You could always try ankle weights with leg lifts: sit down with legs out in front, turn your ankle out, and lift. That will primarily target your vastus medialis (part of your quads), so as you keep losing fat, that area may tone better. Good luck!

Yes- I that muscle "vastus medialis" is the one that I hate!! Thanks for helping me identify it. Thank you for all the great tips!! I will totally be trying that leg lift out turned leg thing!