too fat for shorts?

Options
momblobnomore
momblobnomore Posts: 19 Member
Is there such a thing as too fat to wear shorts?
Every summer I find myself in the dressing room trying on shorts and scrutinizing my legs and butt from 12 brightly illuminated angles wondering am I too fat for shorts? Will people be staring at me?
I always end up with capris :(

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You're only too fat for them if you think you're too fat for them, because **** what anyone else thinks.
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    People just don't care at all if you're wearing shorts or not. You may think you're fat, nobody will notice you at 90% of the times, because people know what a fat person is (if ever you really are ''fat'', and I do not want to be rude, just quoting you). If people notice you, it will be for a good reason, like your smile or your hair, but defiitely not because your thighs or butt are too big, do not worry!

I think we always have the impression everybody will stare at us because we do stare at oursleves, but I figured out that people just don't mind. So if you want to wear shorts, and have nice ones, just do it! :flowerforyou:
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ...I'll admit to staring a bit at people who are too fat to wear shorts, but I understand I'm in the minority when it comes to these things.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    Wear what you're comfortable in, and to hell with what other people think.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :wink: The only time I would EVER look at a person and say they shouldn't be wearing shorts is if it is booty and there are flesh rolls hanging where they shouldn't be!! I seriously doubt those would be the type of shorts you would choose to wear
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as too fat to wear shorts?
    Every summer I find myself in the dressing room trying on shorts and scrutinizing my legs and butt from 12 brightly illuminated angles wondering am I too fat for shorts? Will people be staring at me?
    I always end up with capris :(

This is me ...... thank god for capris
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there's no difference between Bermuda style shorts and capris. Your butt and thighs will look the same in both.

Now if you are talking Daisy Dukes, well, in my opinion very few women over the age of 25 can pull that look off or should even bother to try--even if they have a smoking hot body. Sometimes it's not just about how things fit...
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I've gotten over it but I used to be uncomfortable wearing jean shorts for the same reason. I started buying cotton or nylon shorts in the athletic clothing department instead because the weren't as tight and up my @ss as jean shorts.
  • NessaDarlene
    Options
    As long as they are clean and not wrinkled and fit properly, wear them. It's when we try to squeeze our fat butts and thighs into clothes that are too small that it attracts people's attention.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wear what you're comfortable in, and to hell with what other people think.

This. "Other people's opinions of me are none of my business."
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Too short for fats is even worse
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    As long as nothing is illegally being displayed, you're only too fat for shorts if you think you're too fat for shorts.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You could be.

Unless you're the giraffe in your profile pic.

In that case you'd probably look quite cute in them.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You could be.

I :heart: U!!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I believe it is just Spandex that has police. Not shorts.
  • Shaunte86
    Shaunte86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is my first year wearing shorts, I wouldn't even try them on before. I never wore them because I felt too fat for them. I have always been critical of myself in every aspect of my life. I always like to look presentable and "in order". In shorts, I always felt sloppy and messy. In a few weeks I am going shopping and if I see some cute shorts I will try them on and buy them if I like the way I look in them and how they make me feel!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Who cares what anyone else thinks. You have to wear what you are comfortable in.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts and I dont give a flying F! lol
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yes there is. It depends on how short they are. Check and see how your fat is distributed across your body. You may be better off with Burmuda or Kapris. Please please don't try to wear daisy dukes if your belly pokes out more than your butt.
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You could be.

Haha, I thought about that too :D