Rice- The Enemy?

Options
2»

Replies

• KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 cup of rice a few times a week and I've been losing weight with no problems. I do stay away from white bread though. But it all comes down to moderation and how you prepare it. And let me just say, the asian community eats a lot of white rice and many of them are very thin, (wish I had a part of that gene).
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Eat your rice!! Everything in moderation is the key!!!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    nooooooo....I eat basmati rice all the time.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am the typical asian, I love my rice... perhaps too much over the past few years. These days I'm not cutting it out completely, but moderating the amount and type that I eat.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Unless it's packing heat, it's not the enemy.

Like all things, moderation and making it fit in your caloric goals will ensure that it never is the 'enemy'.

my rice robbed me with a glock...

Lies!
  • soteira
    soteira Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you tried brown basmati rice? cause I really don't like brown rice but love the brown basmati :)
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Rice has been a staple food, and I find myself lacking energy if I didn't eat rice any time within the day. I agree with everyone; it's all about portion control. I still eat rice for lunch (and dinner at times), and it hasn't cause any problems with losing weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Unless it's packing heat, it's not the enemy.

Like all things, moderation and making it fit in your caloric goals will ensure that it never is the 'enemy'.

my rice robbed me with a glock...

Lies!

true story ..and then it made me over eat and caused me to get fat :(
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Don't get caught up in that mind set. Eat what you want and eat within your calorie range. Try to include as many fruits and vegetables that you can and that you like in your plan to be healthy.
  • ToriLeighS
    ToriLeighS Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These were all very helpful responses!
  • ToriLeighS
    Options
    I will eat it in moderation.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    If it fits your macros then youre good...

now all you can eat sushi...that is when there is cause for concern on rice, no shame
  • ToriLeighS
    Options
    Have you tried brown basmati rice? cause I really don't like brown rice but love the brown basmati :)

I didn't know about brown basmati. I'll check it out.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I didn't know about brown basmati. I'll check it out.

Another really good one is Jasmine Brown Rice - it is my new favorite. The texture isn't much different then white rice, not as nutty as brown rice.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Of course it's not bad. Please enjoy the type of rice you like.