nursing mothers out there ?

Options
2»

Replies

• coco3120
    coco3120 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, lovely to find some other bf'ing mama's out there. I am mum to two little girls of 2 and 1 years and still bf'ing my lo, and intend to carry on a while yet. I'm currently giving myself 1740 cals a day, I've only been mfp'ing for a week, had a blip over the weekend and still managed to loose 3lbs which I'm rather pleased about. bf'ing certainly helps shift the weight doesn't it?

I just added 300cals for bf'ing, even though my lo is eating 3 good meals a day but she cluster feeds all evening and night! I actually adjusted my calorie allowance rather than add bf'ing as an excercise, what is everyone else doing? Does it matter?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better over the coming months. :) x
  • Schteph1
    Schteph1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yea! I'm so glad I found this post! I'm new to MFP and just got a fitbit. I don't know how to account for the breastfeeding. I'm nursing my 10 month old and pumping while at work. Trying to lose weight, but don't want to compromise my milk supply. Which is the best way to account for breastfeeding on here?
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    (Baby) Bump for later
  • ladykc013
    ladykc013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm a nursing mom to my almost 8-month old baby boy. I started using MFP at the beginning of April and have been shocked by how much awareness this has given me and how much I've been able to lose by just tracking what I'm eating. I was really afraid of exercise affecting my supply which is why it took me so long to look into loosing this weight, but so far, so good. I've taken it slow and just started with walking and now am doing the Couch to 5k program. I log in everyday and would love to have you ladies as friends on here. We can do this!
  • Meredith8684
    Meredith8684 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing mom to a 6-month-old. She's just starting food this week. I'm trying to lose 1-1.5 pounds a week. I'd love to meet more nursing moms, what a great network. Feel free to add me!
  • ObinrinDidun
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a nursing mother. I work and pump as well. I've been very complacent with the weight issue, but my little one is 8 months today, and this weight just has to start coming off this week. I just purchased the NutriBullet and I'm hoping that it will help to kick start the weight loss while not compromising my milk supply.

I am glad to have found this board. A big HELLO to all the B'Fing mammas. :)