.3 loss in 1 week!

Melis25Fit
Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am really upset. This was my 3rd week for MFP. I only lost .3 lbs. I'm really really bummed. I stayed below my sodium, and went over my sugar a little bit. But I worked out 45min-1hr EVERY day! And I ate back over 1/2 of my calories as well. I log EVERYTHING that touches my lips too! I lost 3 lbs my first week, and 2.5 my 2nd week. What is going on!? A little support please! :sad:

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    It would be nice if every week was like the first, but it's just not going to be true. You've lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks, 1.5+ lbs per week. That's very good. Keep working at it, don't get frustrated. You are doing what you're supposed to be doing.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Look at your average for the past 3 weeks. That is a great weight loss and you are doing a great job. It is my experience that when I first start a program I have a big weight loss the first week or two and then a small or no weight loss the third or fourth week. I think our bodies just need to adjust to the bigger drops. Look at what you are eating and be sure you see at least 5 servings a day of fruits and veggies. Watch how many carbs you are taking in. The best thing you can do for yourself is be consistent and patient. I know how disappointing it can be when there is a smaller or no loss because I want to lose lots of weight fast which is not how I put it on in the first place.:smile:
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Don't panic first of all LOL! It happens but you will probably find that your loss will average out pretty good.

You said 3 weeks, so that means you're probably getting close to your period...which means either weight GAIN or no loss (usually anyway). Don't worry though...it's an illusion. :) It will drop back off after your period is over. Also, some people just lose weight that way. I for one can lose up to 7lbs in one week sometimes and not drop anything else for 2 to 3 more weeks.

You said you're working out too....you could be gaining muscle, and losing fat. Also, YOU MUST drink enough water. It's very possible that you're carrying water weight...especially with all the working out you're doing.

Just stick with it. Don't get discouraged. I PROMISE...you stick with it and it WILL happen for you. :flowerforyou:
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Just keep at it, try not to focus so much on what the scale says. I try to only weight myself once or twice a month. Women's weight fluctuates too much with TOM and water retention, etc. Make sure that you are drinking ALOT of water....make sure that your goals are correct (i.e. starting weight, etc). Try to be patient, don't get discouraged, keep going, it WILL happen if you are consistent. Good luck! :)
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    5.5 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome!!! You kiddin?? Keep it up!!
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    It would be nice if every week was like the first, but it's just not going to be true. You've lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks, 1.5+ lbs per week. That's very good. Keep working at it, don't get frustrated. You are doing what you're supposed to be doing.

I agree, this is still a great loss for the 3 weeks. Just think, maybe next week will be a big number ;)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Yes, please remember the total here: almost 6 lbs lost in 3 weeks. That is fabulous!!
    I lose about 1 lb a week, but my first week, the honeymoon of the diet, I lost about 3 lbs (back in Feb, before I joined MFP).
    We all have times when it will take 2 weeks to lose a lbs. Our body is usually losing inches when it is not losing weight.
    Keep measuring yourself, I bet you have lost an inch or so somewhere.
    If you lose a lb a week, that adds up to 52 lbs in one year. This is a life-long work, sweet person. You can do this. :drinker:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    DON'T let it get you down you're doing GREAT! Keep doing what you're doing you're getting there! :bigsmile:
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Don't worry! My loss last week was only .6lb and the previous weeks were 1.5-2.5lbs each week. Then this week I lost over 5lbs. My body made up for it without any extra effort (just my normal exercise routine and eating routine.) Could just be water retention or something out of your control but at least it is a LOSS so any loss is a good loss! Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.