trying to get back to the before i was a mommy body

Options
BayAskew
BayAskew Posts: 12 Member
hi im trying to stay motivated to get back to my old self. sometimes its hard to find the time with a baby of only 2 months but hey! u gotta do what u gotta do right? any tips

Replies

• lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get my body back as well. Mine is 13 months now, but with post pregnancy issues I am now just starting over yet again. Please feel free to add me if you would like.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    You don't need too much time every day, but you do need to do it consistently. That is what is rough when you have a little baby.

I would suggest that you get a DVD like Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It is only about 30 minutes (she says 20 but she doesn't count the warmup and cooldown) and all you need is a yoga mat and light weights. You don't need to pack up baby or leave the house or find a sitter.

The hardest thing you will have to do, probably, is prioritize your workout. This means that at the first opportunity, like right when you put baby down for a nap, you do the workout, no matter how many dirty dishes or loads of laundry are calling your name. Put your health and your happiness first for 30 minutes. Everyone will survive.

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • Samak118
    Samak118 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No advice here ladies but I'll add you both, since I am also a mom with a baby in the house (10 months) and it's nearly impossible working full time then coming home and giving all your attention to your baby. By the time we go through the night routine, I'm EXHAUSTED:yawn: , so im trying to find ways to eat better and exercise. We can support each other along the way! :smile: