30 day shred...ouch...do I take a break or go for it?

Options
I started the 30 day shred last night and I am seriously so stiff in my legs...they hurt! should i suck it up and do it tonight or take the night off and do it in the a.m.? Don't want to injure myself but don't want to lose motivation either....

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If it's just soreness, suck it up.

If it's actual pain from a possible injury, rest.

The general consensus on here regarding the 30 day shred is that the soreness is really bad the first 3-5 days. When I first started here, it was the first work out that I ever did and I had such bad soreness, sitting down on the toilet to pee was a challenge. :laugh: Just keep pushing through.

Edit: typo. :grumble:
  • Justme444
    Justme444 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd work through it. For the first 3 days my legs hurt so bad I thought I'd have to quit, and sitting down to pee was brutal! But I pushed through it. i'm now on Level 2 day 7!
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would say, if you are really, REALLY sore, take a day off from lifting (and I don't do 30-day shred, so not sure of the program...but in general..) and maybe take a very brisk walk or run instead. You should definitely get used to being sore but if you are so sore that 1) your form suffers, you risk hurting yourself and 2) you get burnt out quickly from being in constant pain, then take a rest day or two. Just do *something* on those days, even if it's just cardio.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If it's just muscle soreness, do it. It hurts like hell after the first 3 to 5 days. Push through and do it, you'll feel better.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

If it's just soreness, suck it up.

If it's actual pain from a possible injury, rest.

This - but if you are that sore, warm up first until most of the soreness goes away. I walk at a brisk pace for a warm up
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk to work out some of that lactic acid, and then do it. It hurts the first few days. It gets better.

You won't hurt yourself from general soreness. It's only if you feel a sharp pain somewhere that you are in danger of injury. Don't do any exercises that cause any kind of sharp pain, but you should be able to do most of the 30 day shred if not all of it.
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...think I will stop being a wussy and give it a whirl! :sad:
  • nicolerory13
    Options
    How many calories burned during 30 day shred??
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    How many calories burned during 30 day shred??

Most people, myself included, log it as circuit training and that's about 200cal per workout (probably less in L1 but L2 and L3 are a bit tougher so I'm hoping that 200cals averages out across the programme!)