I find it interesting how... (a bit of a rant)

Options
13»

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This tip doesn't always work but it is one that helps me out from time to time. My husband and I eat at a restaurant usually once a week. I usually bring home half of my sandwich or entree. Nothing you haven't heard before, right? But, instead of simply taking it to work for lunch the next day, I will split it into TWO servings, and supplement it with a homemade side salad, or cut up veggies. Usually as soon as I get home from the restaurant, I split it up and put it in two tupperware containers to keep it fresher, and ready-to-go. I know - restaurant food usually isn't healthy - but it is another one of those things that helps keep me from getting bored or frustrated with this whole thing. By splitting it up into mini servings, I am saving calories AND money.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    This tip doesn't always work but it is one that helps me out from time to time. My husband and I eat at a restaurant usually once a week. I usually bring home half of my sandwich or entree. Nothing you haven't heard before, right? But, instead of simply taking it to work for lunch the next day, I will split it into TWO servings, and supplement it with a homemade side salad, or cut up veggies. Usually as soon as I get home from the restaurant, I split it up and put it in two tupperware containers to keep it fresher, and ready-to-go. I know - restaurant food usually isn't healthy - but it is another one of those things that helps keep me from getting bored or frustrated with this whole thing. By splitting it up into mini servings, I am saving calories AND money.
    What a terrific new idea (new to ME!), so glad you posted it:drinker: :wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just love some of these ideas.