Want to lose 1 inch off waist. Diet or just more exercise?

Options
I am a 5'4", 24 years old female. I currently weight 117 pounds and I am overall happy with my weight. However I would like to lose 1 inch off my waist. My measurements for breast (34") and hips (36") are ok but I'd like to get my waist, currently at 26 inches, down to 25...
I have been on MFP for about two months now, logging every day and eating healthy, on a 1200 net calorie goal, with the exception of about 2-3 cheat meals per week when I go out with my boyfriend. Then again, even those rarely make me go over 2000 calories for the day. These cheat meals are usually quite high in carbs and refined sugars though, compared to my daily diet...
I work out 4 times a week at the gym, doing 40min of cardio (elliptical or HiiT running) and 15min of various weights lifting, go horseback riding (advanced level) once a week and I usually add in one or two quick 15-20min jogs on the off days.

My question is, how am I doing overall and what should I change to slim my waist? More exercise? Cardio or weights?
I have already lost 2 pounds since I started on MFP, but as I said I'm not looking to lose weight anymore, I'm just trying to tone up (not bulk up though!)...

Any advice is welcome :)

Replies

• Irene514
    Irene514 Posts: 62
    Options
    Oh and my diary is open, feel free to have a look! No mean comments please
  • Lindyxx
    Lindyxx Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Irene, Ive been doing the callanetics dvd, only done it 4 times (its an hour long) and Ive lost an inch, off my waist and a inch off my hips too, have a look on amazon, the reviews are really good
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Callanetics will do it for you, given time. Don't go too low on your sodium, also, consider running a report on your potassium. If you pump up your protein, you might find yourself getting closer to your goals. Tuna is a good choice for low cal muscle and electrolyte needs.

J
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm doing jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD program. I haven't lost weight but the measurements are really moving. It is on youtube so you might try it out. Search the forums for other people's results - it's very popular which I never really understood until I tried it.
  • Lindyxx
    Lindyxx Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm doing jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD program. I haven't lost weight but the measurements are really moving. It is on youtube so you might try it out. Search the forums for other people's results - it's very popular which I never really understood until I tried it.

Ive done this also, great results, im currently doing Jillian's shred it with weights, along side the callanetics
  • Wowunicorns
    Wowunicorns Posts: 16
    Options
    Have you tried exercises that focus on the stomach muscles that pull in your core as opposed to working the typical 6 pack muscles and obliques?

I think planks and cat vomit exercise helps with that.

Also, reformer pilates. The mat pilates is ok but not as good.